Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Staff Solutions Architect, Pre-Sales
Orlando, FloridaApply Now
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and develop groundbreaking solutions to tackle business and technical challenges? If so, we would like to hear from you.
VMware is a dynamic and creative company and a great place to work, as ranked by Fortune Magazine Best 100 Places to Work. We offer competitive compensation and benefit package as well as advancement opportunities.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a Staff Solutions Architect (SA) in our Enterprise Account segment you will provide the technical leadership for customers strategic IT programs and initiatives. You will lead and work closely with our customers, Client Executives, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers, our extended specialist teams, and our executive leadership team in developing complex and transformational technology strategies and solutions.
Your role as Solutions Architect is to build a path to our customers desired future state so that they may achieve their business-aligned IT objectives. You will do this by clarifying the understanding of their current state, documenting their desired future state vision, performing a gap analysis, and creating notational architectures and roadmaps that leverages VMware’s products and services to deliver world-class value-based outcomes.
Building solutions may include activities such as executing workshops, conducting client interviews, doing secondary research, soliciting guidance from account teams and industry specialists, and working with technical specialists and product managers. In the Solutions Architect role you will have the chance to leverage your architectural, engineering, and IT leadership skills, as well as your industry knowledge and your knowledge of VMware’s transformational portfolio to shape the future of IT.
As a Staff Solutions Architect your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
This is a home office-based position.
Travel: Up to 50% to customer sites and conferences as needed. Most travel will be regional but will include some occasional overnight travel.
- Lead the development of strategic solutions and initiatives of our key customers.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, IT initiatives, and IT environment and match them with VMware’s value proposition, vision, technologies and services in order to create an outcome-based solution.
- Conduct workshops with customer stakeholders to identify business and technical requirements, current state gaps, as well as opportunities and inhibitors.
- Develop customer specific architectures, solution roadmaps, proposals, and business plans.
- Coordinate solution proposals with potential partners, VARs and software vendors.
- Participate in the identification, qualification and prioritization of an opportunity pipeline.
- Collaborate with the sales and pre-sales teams, specialists, and service sales organization throughout opportunities and in development stages
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of VMware technologies via provided enablement and internal training offerings.
- Maintain technical and business knowledge of industry direction and trends.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of competitive offerings and architectures.
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences and participate in regional Marketing Events.
- Eight (8) or more years of information technology experience.
- IT team/departmental leadership OR pre-sales customer facing experience
- Experience in developing, positioning, and implementing business aligned IT strategies, architectures, roadmaps, and proposals.
- Strong listening and question based consultative skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding. Including executive audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Broad, domain level architectural understanding of:
- Current IT trends
- IT transformation and modernization technologies and practices
- Cloud computing
- IT infrastructure and data center design
- Platform design and architecture
- End-user and mobile computing design & architecture
- IT processes
- IT governance
- IT roles & responsibilities
- IT business drivers and financial operations
- BA/BS required with Master’s preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Professional experience building out solutions with VMware technologies and cloud-based technologies.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Solution design, implementation, and consultation experience.
- Advanced certifications (Examples include: ITIL, CISSP, VCP, VCDX) a plus.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for you. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.