Product Line Marketing Manager / Sr Product Line Marketing Manager - End User Computing
Omaha, NebraskaApply Now
Product Line Marketing Manager
Do you like to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment that offers opportunities for growth? At VMware we are tackling big opportunities, big markets, big problems – providing you an environment to be creative, collaborative and constantly learning by working with the best in the industry.
This is an exciting time – End-User computing is going through its biggest transformation since the introduction of the PC. As a workforce, we’re becoming increasingly mobile and tech savvy and more than ever before, we want the freedom to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. Moreover, our expectations of IT have increased. We expect our work technologies to offer the same efficiency and user experience as the consumer technologies we use at home. Our team is building the end-user technology platform for the modern workforce, giving people easy access to their applications from any device, powered by the cloud. We’re bringing the same simplicity, effectiveness and awesome user experience of consumer technologies, while offering IT the security and manageability that enterprises need.
In this role you will be a member of the PMM team responsible for supporting the Horizon and Workspace ONE GTM. You will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to customers about our strategy around competitive customer acquisition around Horizon and Workspace ONE. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, partners and key influencers, while creating compelling content to help the market understand why VMware is essential to the next generation of end user computing. You’ll develop the core use cases that will motivate a market to adopt our offerings, partnering with a broad team to drive successful launches and content programs.
This role is responsible for building a compelling value proposition, while consistently driving a bold and differentiated message as this portfolio rapidly expands. As part of a team, you will ultimately be measured on building market leadership, competitive differentiation and adoption for Horizon and Workspace ONE. This role will play an essential role in executing on a major phase of VMware’s strategy for the enterprise.
This position provides hands-on opportunities to help shape marketing directions and drive execution of global marketing programs. This includes partnering across a broad range of teams, including thought leadership, executive communications, social media and corporate communications. The optimal individual will have strong technical and product expertise to help execute individually and in partnership with multiple teams.
This individual will also have an ongoing customer-facing role, including regular customer briefings and direct field support.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop high-impact go-to-market strategies based on competitive customer acquisition in partnership with sales teams
- Develop and communicate the value proposition of our platform and solutions to the sales team and develop enablement tools that support sales execution
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copy, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of our platform
- Own sales enablement and assist members of the sales team with calls to our partners and their customers when appropriate
- Market intelligence – be the authority on buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria. Conduct partner / market surveys and interviews to build expertise in the market, customers and competitive landscape
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote our partners’ stories, our platform and our solutions
- Work closely with PSO, technical marketing our competitive marketing teams and sales to support an end-to-end programmatic approach.
- 5+ years in enterprise software product marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations
- Thorough understanding of product marketing and all of the aspects of pulling together a successful go-to-market plan
- Bachelors in business, engineering or computer science (MBA a plus) – or related industry experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, i.e. ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries, and deliver actionable business insights
- Strong project & organization skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence critical stakeholders and to communicate the group's vision and accomplishments
- Consistent record of speaking in front of large internal, external and global audiences
- Demonstrated experience in running competitive programs
- Familiarity with VMware, Citrix and Microsoft end user computing products
- Willing to travel up to 25%
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub