VMware Cloud on AWS Sales Specialist - Global Accounts
Newark, New Jersey - USApply Now Job ID R1911478-7
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and creative sales team.
The VMware Cloud on AWS Sales Specialist owns sales responsibility for selling the entire VMware Cloud Services with particular focus on VMware Cloud on AWS to global and enterprise end users. You will be responsible for building a strong territory in their assigned geography and achieving a revenue quota target, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within your territory. You will need to oversee and work closely with VMware’s core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and manage interactions with our existing customers. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will all be essential for success in the role.
- Accountable for achieving revenue consumption targets for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Identify high propensity customers.
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers.
- Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- Lead qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory
- Take the role of a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Partner closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
- Leverage the SE organization for desired results at top accounts.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with Enterprise software and hosted service.
- Strong knowledge of the IT hosting and cloud services segment.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid cloud IT solutions.
- Experience with new product introductions.
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality.
- Strong leadership and Customer Relationship skills.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMWCloudonAWS referral campaign.
“This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.”
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub