New York, New YorkApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Our Client Executive team is made up of passionate and high-reaching sales consultants who are committed to integrating within our customers’ business to offer premier VMware solutions. The Client Executive will be responsible for solution selling by orchestrating and demonstrating VMware’s Systems Engineering, Product Specialists, Professional Services, Partner Channel, Inside Sales and other VMware resources to drive net new revenue for the company. VMware has and continues to build a top performing sales team who has the desire, determination and deliver.
- Responsible for selling the complete VMware portfolio of products and services within a list of Enterprise accounts
- Drive account sales strategy and establish communication cadence with the extended account resources to ensure full engagement and accountability
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, Specialists, Professional Services and channel partners
- Develop and lead a partner strategy by selecting a set of “preferred” partners, developing a collaborative account plan that enables channel partners to be an extension of VMware's sales force
- Learn and understand the assigned customer's business model and match the VMware solution to the needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Strengthen existing relationships within the assigned accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- Ability to build proposals and communicate the business value and/or return on investment of proposed products and solutions to the customer
- Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
- Accurately forecast bookings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Are you the quaterbacking the account, orchestrating resources and selling solutions to your customers?
- You have experience selling complex solutions, requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services to execute
- You are a Self-starter with a high energy level
- You have the ability to work with all levels of individuals
- You hold a strong track record of quota over-achievement
- You partner well and are accustomed to working with the channel
- You pride yourself on being an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- You are a Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical capabilities to business outcomes
- Experience building demand with cycle times of 6-24 months
- Able to work across IT, Ops, Dev/Ops and Line of Business leaders
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- You have sold solutions in an enterprise level company
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Business Unit: Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub