Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Staff Systems EngineerJob ID R1902681 Date posted 02/26/2019
• Technical Pre-Sales Support for Government Segment
• Present VMware vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
• Develops and delivers clear, concise, coordinated presentations, executive facing documentation and advice to customers on complex environments based on input from customers, Sales, Software Consulting, Professional Services, R&D, Marketing and own personal experiences
• Drive the adoption of VMware solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
• Develop and deliver high quality VMware presentations and demonstrations matching product capabilities to customer requirements
• Manage customer presentations, RFI/RFP's as directed
• Establish account presence and build trust with key contacts share responsibility for the account sales strategy with the Sales Representatives and broader sales team
• Develop and manage reference sites
• Share product/industry/competitive knowledge through internal presentations and white paper development with broader sales team
• Supports the completion of RFP and RFI proposal response from potential customers. Produce high quality proposals, bids and tender responses
• Participate and facilitate in-depth demonstration of product functions and features to customers
• Strive to become an acknowledged expert by keeping abreast of new features and product releases
• Support Pre-sales opportunities by performing proof of concept engagements with the VMware Vcenter management applications
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of systems management applications, industry directions, and trends
• Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
• Assists sales in preparation of proposals, building Return On Investment / Purchase Justification documents for prospects
• Work collaboratively with Sales Reps, Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware management products
• Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations
• Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with systems management applications and architectures
• Evangelize the value of VMware management products in systems management application architectures and deployments
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering
• Must have 15+ years of experience
• Solid experience in technology related work, including Pre-sales Engineer or customer-facing Consultant working on large scale systems management application solutions and architectures
• Preferred VCP or very deep technical expertise in virtualization products like Vsphere, HyperV or Xen.
• Good skills in VDI products like Vmware View or Citrix XenDesktop is preferred. Good knowledge around networking, storage and Datacenter design and deployment is added advantage.
• Good experience in System Administration and Operations experience on, but not limited to: Windows, UNIX, Linux, MAC and ESX platforms. Should be prepared to perform hands-on duties for supporting customers during the trial and Proof of Concept phase
• Experience as a Sales or Support Engineer in a customer facing role
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
• Ability to uncover business challenges and articulate, author documentation and develop custom solutions to solve those challenges
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and personal accountability
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
• Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution. Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
• Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
• Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
• Strong listening and question based selling skills
• Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management (provisioning, monitoring, or configuration management solutions), and business continuity solutions a plus
• Ability to travel as necessary
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.