Munich, GermanyApply Now
The VMware Professional Services Program Manager - is responsible for leading high-value professional services delivery engagements to successfully achieve customer business outcomes for strategic accounts in EMEA, meeting or exceeding VMware Professional Services business objectives and ensuring superior levels of customer satisfaction.
The Program Manager will have a wide span of responsibility/control, will manage a portfolio of engagements and/or multi-phased projects for one or more VMware Global Accounts and is expected to be able to interact with internal and customer facing excutive level leadership in a strategic manner. The person in this role will holistically manage highly complex enterprise-level programs with multiple phases, interrelated work streams, across multiple stakeholders and delivery partners. The Program Manager is the single point of contact for the entire program of work and may have other project manager(s) reporting to him/her.
The Program Manager reports to the head of Strategic Customer Programs, and works closely with the Client Solution Executive (CSE), Solutions Architect (SA), Account Team, Operations, and project technical consultants.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Account Growth
- Delivery Revenue & Billable Utilization Target Achievement
- Project Portfolio Delivery Success
- Achieving and Maintaining Trusted Advisor Status
- Providing Thought Leadership
- Program Leadership
- Executive-level Communication and Stakeholder management
- Identification and Assistance with Business Development Opportunities
- Owns Program level risks
- Delivery Engagement Quality
- Delivery Revenue Forecasting and Recognition
- Represents VMware by participating on the steering committee
- Is the escalation point for customers and PM's
- Enterprise-level customer-facing experience in a professional services firm (preferably software or management consulting)
- Ability to work with customer senior management to set the overall strategy and objectives for a group of projects.
- Successful delivery of large-scale programs with global organizations
- Demonstrable ability at successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- IT awareness and ability to manage holistically, complex projects that support change within a customer environment.
- Ability to work within a team and provide the leadership for the PS engagement
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to manage and shift priorities quickly and effectively when needed.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Fluent German & English Language skills
- Strong analytical as well as organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- BSc/BA/MSc/MBA degree or equivalent training/experience
- Up to 50% travel
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub