Mumbai, IndiaApply Now
Join us to work with some of Indiasmost innovative customers and help them build and maintain competitive advantage in their respective industries.
The Dell Technologies(DET) Solutions Architect is a senior level consultative technologist that works closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership by driving customer success in combining the power of seven industry leaders: Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream, and VMware. The DET SA routinely engages with Director, VP and c-level executives, both internally and externally, providing perspective and guidance on long-term business/technology strategy, investments and innovation drawing upon their depth and breadth of technical and business management knowledge. The role is that of a strategist, technologist and a diplomat; which combines the competencies of consulting, deal structuring, project management and a technical background. The DET Solutions Architect represents customer success across the functional, the project and cross-company high-profile engagements through facilitation of executive workshops, representing VMware at executive forums, and educating VMware account teams and partners on strategy recommended practices and industry trends.The ideal candidate will have domain level understanding in cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps-enabling organisational architectures. Knowledge of hardware and virtual configurations of overall datacentre design with associated resource management is also required. Experience around end-user computing, Identity, Mobility, and application development principles also desirable.
- Establish solid working relationships with VMware strategic account teams, sales leadership, professional services, product management, and executive staff
- Facilitate executive workshops designed to consult on IT transformation and influence business and IT strategy with selected Enterprise customers
- Conduct strategic account planning with VMware account teams
- Conduct executive presentations
- Design solutions to meet the business/technical objectives – inclusive of creating digital playbacks
- Present VMware as well as Dell EMC and Pivotal strategy and integrated vision aligned to Industry segments and business case scenarios
- Conduct thorough industry/account research and analysis
- Spread best practices among accounts/account teams and elevate strategic mindshare with those account
- Always remain ethical and respectful in all dealing with internal and external customers
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills
- 10+ years of experience in a technical capacity in either Infrastructure, Development or Systems Management
- 5+ years business development experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment; including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Experience in a technical lead role for small or medium size teams
- Familiarity with modern converged infrastructure and hyper converged infrastructure platforms is a plus
- Strong practical Unix or Linux systems administration skills is a plus
- Strong application software development for one or more of: Linux, UNIX(e.g. Solaris), Windows operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent experience
- Certifications in related technologies a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent in region
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub