Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Technical Account ManagerApply Now Job ID R1902843 Date posted 03/28/2019
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are dedicated to the satisfaction and success of the customer and their technology strategy.
We are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
You will consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment of VMware solutions. You are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting customer success.
The TAM role.
You will engage resources across the entire VMware organization (sales, product management, R&D, and support). You will proactively expand adoption of VMware solutions within accounts by driving relationships at every level, both internally and externally, to influence positive change. In addition to the customer facing activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams and contribute to TAM program development activities.
- Customer Advocate; world class customer liaison
- Map VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements to ensure strategic long term value
- Understand the customer’s relevant business challenges while functioning as a trusted advisor for “best practices” and drive adoption of VMware solutions within your assigned accounts
- Agility: respond to the needs of your customers with confidence and ease
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s major VMware initiatives
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core VMware solutions and future product direction
- Manage and own competing requests across multiple client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements
- Support customer business objectives by effectively leveraging TAM program deliverables
- Must be agile and able to adjust quickly to many different situations and challenges
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (preferably with a management consulting, IT vendor or professional services organization)
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Solid technical background in at least 2 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, mobility, networking, security, system administration and technical architecture; preferably with industry certifications
- Business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence change at all levels
- Effective at working independently and in a virtual team setting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels of personnel from administrators to CxO levels
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- VCP: VMware Certified Professional 5.5 or greater certification preferred
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.