Consulting Architect for CEMEA
Moscow, RussiaApply Now
This is an EMEA-based role and as a VMware Consultant you will provide EMEA customers and the EMEA Professional Service Organization technical leadership in the design and implementation of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solutions with a primary focus on Network Function Virtualization (NFV) in Telco Providers
• Provide technical leadership to VMware professional services consulting project teams, which will include project work at customer sites.
• Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our SDDC NFV product stack.
• Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimate.
• Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions. Work closely with pre sales architects and service business managers to deliver scoping, effort estimate, and feasibility analysis for SDDC NFV solutions.
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware NFV solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners
• Mentor other technical consulting staff
Why work for PSO
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The PSO Organization includes Consulting Services, Advisory Services, Project Management, Education Services and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
The role of the Consulting team is to provide specialist guidance to our enterprise customers on how best to design, implement and integrate VMware technology. The emphasis of the role changes depending on the Consultant level but is largely focused on; customer facing delivery (70%), IP and best practice creation (20%) and presales support (10%).
• Own conversations and relationships with senior network architects and technical decision makers at operators considering NFV, SDN and network virtualization. Convince them of the value of VMware’s solutions and move them systematically through the stages of technology adoption (Education, PoC, Trial, Production).
• Be a senior contributor in a team of global architects and field systems engineers responsible for overseeing the execution of technical proofs of concept with NEPs, Telco ISVs and operators to illustrate the value of integrating with or running on VMware products
• Work with NEP partners and operators to educate them on VMware products, advise them on their partnering strategy with VMware
• Work with NEPs and operators to integrate their products into the cloud through adoption of VMware’s cloud infrastructure and cloud management products
• Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
• Maintain your knowledge of the core VMware product line as well as your specialist area (NFV/Telco)
• Independently conduct and manage engagements with our Enterprise customers
• Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
• Work closely with and support the VMware services sales teams
• Ability to travel up to 80 percent of the time across NEMEA and SEMEA.
Required skills and attributes
• 10+ years' experience designing / implementing solutions in the telco operator core network and/or OSS/BSS space
• Strong understanding of the Telco/Operator organizational structure, new product introduction process, and the operations’ culture
• A good understanding of mobile and fixed-line infrastructures and services
• Knowledge of the goals and outputs of industry and standards bodies involved in NFV development including ETSI NFV ISG, OPNFV, OpenStack, ONF and the customer aspirations behind them as a context for engagements
• Experience participating in all aspects of large-scale Distributed Systems Architecture projects including ideation, identification, planning and cost estimation through requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and production.
• Recognition and technical credibility in the telecommunications community
• Subject matter expertise in cloud computing, application development, and architecture
• Understanding of technical decision makers in the telecommunications equipment sector and what it takes to persuade and drive them toward virtualization and VMware technologies
• Experience in NFV integration around Openstack or VMware solutions;
• A high level of energy and enthusiasm
• Multiple years’ experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant
• Deep knowledge and understanding of technology trends and competitive dynamics
• Graduate degree in a technical discipline preferred
Desirable skills and experience
• A breadth of experience across the core VMware Cloud Infrastructure Management stack however training will be provided
• Project management experience and familiarity with PRINCE2 or PMP frameworks
• Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
• Understanding of the various telco/operator business models for managed services, wholesale and retail businesses
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub