Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Director, Sales Operations - U.S. Private Sector
Miami, FloridaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This role for our Americas Field Sales organization is focused on managing the Sales Operations function for our U.S. Private Sector unit (a strategically critical $2bn business unit within the VMware operation). The person will report to the Chief of Staff – U.S. Private Sector and manage the U.S. Private Sector – Sales Operations & Support team, located in our Costa Rica location. Role will also partner with the Regional Strategy & Ops Leads and help drive excellence through the Functional Ops support organizations and related process/sales tools.
The main task is to manage the U.S. Private Sector – Sales Operations & Support team to facilitate key Sales Operations functions, including:
- Drive orchestration of the geo’s Business Mgmt Process cadence, including Scorecards, Client Exec Performance Rankings, Account Planning, Deal Reviews and Training Plans.
- Promote and monitor pipeline development activities
- Drive forecasting cadence, coordination, consolidation and analysis
- Provide performance reporting and analysis, including Quarterly Business Review content
- Develop & inspire team to reach trusted-advisor status with their first-line sales mgmt. business partners.
- Develop and deploy operational process improvements, independently and as part of global/regional process teams.
- Manage collection and submission of territory, account mapping and quota allocations in collaboration with the Regional Strategy & Ops leads.
- Monitor commissions cases and related policy mgmt. in collaboration with our Compensation CoE peer org.
- Experience in Sales/Business Operations or Finance gained within a dynamic high-tech organization
- Comfortable working with Senior executives at all levels to ensure the successful execution of strategy through informed decision-making
- Experience managing remote highly-skilled & highly-motivated teams
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong programs, project and process mgmt. experience
- Recent experience with a variety of Enterprise tools including Salesforce
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- You have enterprise company experience
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.