Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Senior Marketing Manager, Cloud and Modern Applications
Melbourne, AustraliaApply Now
Senior Marketing Manager, Cloud and Modern Applications
If you are a positive and driven go-getter, believing that technology is changing the world and wanting to become part of that transformation, looking for a tribe to join a be an integral part of – look no further and join our team of passionate marketers working for a great, innovative company in one of the most virtualised and advanced markets in the world. Apply and get on a journey with us!
VMware is seeking a senior, experienced marketer who can leverage their understanding of customer and market to prioritise and drive the right go-to-market efforts for the cloud services and modern applications solution portfolios. You should quickly gain a solid understanding of the offerings, the user, influencers, buyers, and their decision criteria and transfer that knowledge to the marketing channels in alignment with business priorities and strategy. You will be responsible for creating an integrated marketing plan for our cloud and modern app offerings across Australia and New Zealand markets and executing out of the box marketing tactics that drive awareness, generate demand and progress opportunities through all the funnel stages until sale. This role requires a balance between strategy, big picture thinking, and rigor in executing on priorities. This requires experience working with sales, product BU’s and a deep understanding of the field and partner organizations in the technology landscape.
- Ownership, delivery and overall accountability for a cloud and modern apps portfolio marketing strategy and marketing plans across the different VMware products and routes to market in Australia & New Zealand
- You will develop a cohesive plan to segment, target and communicate to new audiences and develop and engage communities outside of traditional VMware respondents in order to drive awareness and create demand in the new territories
- You will use data and analysis rigor to understand, execute, measure and optimise your cloud services marketing strategy and to drive closed loop marketing
- You will be developing and executing marketing plans aligned to business growth and new opportunities within the AWS partnership, primarily driving demand for VMC on AWS
- Collaboration, integration, being part of the team. All for one, one for all in our team.
- You will be expected to understand the company’s strategy and implement it within the context of the key use cases in your solution portfolio and local market situation
- Confidently driving marketing excellence by leveraging proven marketing best practices in the mix of tactics together with courageous applications of innovative approaches and latest trends
- You will drive development and amplification of customer success stories across various communication channels
- Proven, tenured (10+ years) of enterprise software marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations
- SaaS marketing experience
- Aptitude and desire to work within the complex, ambiguous environment of disruptive innovation, and disruptive technologies
- Extraordinary analytical mindset, assembling and interpreting data delivering actionable business and marketing insights
- Experience in strategic marketing management & market analysis – demonstrated ability to build & execute an integrated marketing plan with clear goals & objectives in alignment to business objectives and in support of the growth targets
- Proven field marketing history with track record in integrated campaigns, events and digital marketing
- Strong project management skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritise work
- Cross-functional team engagement and stakeholder management, influence without authority, including senior management and extended partners
- Ability to manage budgets & multiple funding sources with strong accountability
- Metrics/ROI focused, knows how to generate leads & track to closed loop
- Understands and has experience driving sales & marketing integration
- Understands technology buying centres within and out of IT organisations
- Has experience engaging with developer communities
- Ability to manage key functional relationships at all levels, in a heavily matrixed organisation
- Initiative, a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task, and a motivated attitude
- Understanding of cloud offerings available in the market and VMware’s value proposition in that space
- B2C and/ or e-commerce marketing experience
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business, engineering, computer science and/ or other related degree (MBA a plus) – or related industry experience
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Self- starter with energy, vision and passion for their work
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and judgment
- High level of social, presentation & communication skills
- Natural team player. Desire to work with others for broader success
- Operates successfully in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and undefined environment
- Thinks strategically with a long-term view and able to execute with required attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Creative and innovative. Willing to take risks, learn quickly and iterate
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.