Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Technical Account Manager - SpainJob ID R1904170 Date posted 04/16/2019
As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will build and maintain post-sales relationships with up to 5 of VMware's largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically large accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their Data Centers. As a trusted advisor, you will ensure successful implementations, ensuring that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will act as their single point of contact into all of VMware. TAMs consult closely with customers to ensure their happiness and Return On Investment with the VMware platform. TAMs are also the customers' virtualization guide and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues.
In addition, TAMs actively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology and inspire change.
We offer fantastic opportunities for career progression and you will work in a collaborative, fast-growing and flexible working environment.
- You will provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives (This would include project management and solutions consulting)
- Management of cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, and support staff
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Manage and drive multiple requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "methodology" and informal customer questions
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional services consultant
- Good global storage, network and system knowledge – be able to discuss and understand IT and Data Center issues)
- Understanding of the strategic sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Portuguese will be considered an asset
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. VMware enables people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join the community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as VMware envisions and builds what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fuelled by the transformative products and solutions it brings to market, the trust it inspires in its customers, and the collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 14,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, VMware is passionately driven to make an impact while giving back to the community.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.