Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Global Accounts Solutions ConsultantJob ID R1900535 Date posted 04/01/2019
The position of the Global Solutions Consultant (GSC) is focused on driving the Global Accounts solution strategy and aligning to the business strategies and outcomes of our customers with our solutions and offerings.
The GSC role is a high impact role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within a small number of globally influential companies. This position is a pre-sales quota carrying with high visibility within VMware.
We work intimately with our aligned Global Accounts Manager (GAM) and Internal Sales Rep (ISR), to drive sales campaigns and opportunities for our accounts. You will execute against the overall strategy to identify the business goals and needs, collaborate closely with various extending teams to craft and drive VMware’s response to those business requirements.
The role has a very high percentage of customer-facing time and requires full understanding and intimacy of our client's business requirements and IT initiatives. You support our customers in driving their transformational agenda and helping them remain bold and innovative is the primary goal. You're responsible for building trusted and influential relationships across multiple business units is critical, including CXOs and other senior executives, on strategic approaches and business outcomes.
- Strong background in pre-sales either in an enterprise software organization and/or one of the big consulting companies
- Ability to collaborate with and compel multiple groups on an international basis toward accomplishing a task.
- Charismatic personality with strong solution selling acumen and business awareness.
- Consistent track record of successfully driving sales campaigns of solutions and services
- Proven record of applying consultative selling skills to generate new sales opportunities
- Creative thinker that identifies unique solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to drive value
- Fluent in English
- Strong presentation & persuasion skills
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills to include senior and/or executive levels.
- SISO experience desired
- Located in the US, with ability to travel, both locally and internationally
- You own technical closure of opportunities and pipeline generation
- You get to dig in and understand your customer’s business strategy and challenges, globally and locally
- You intimately grasp market trends in your client's industry
- You determine your customer’s IT strategy and programs and how they relate to the desired business outcomes
- You build and define new or use existing solutions based on VMware’s portfolio
- You match VMware’s solutions to customer’s business needs and requirements
- You focus on customer value, creating business cases including return on investment and TCO analysis
- We build customer roadmaps to ensure a successful value realization journey for our customers
- You present VMware value propositions and solutions to customers and partners
- You define and execute go-to-market strategies for the respective accounts to drive embracing of VMware solutions
- We articulate and present VMware’s vision, strategy and solution roadmaps to executives and senior management
- You become a trusted advisor within the respective global account
- We bring to bear technology partner eco-system
- We orchestrate and drive the end-to-end pre-sales engagement with our customer, including strong collaboration with a variety of internal and external partners, across the customer’s global base
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.