Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Sr. Solution Engineer | Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas, NevadaApply Now
At VMware we currently have an excellent opportunity within our Sales Engineering organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Solution Engineer (SE) to join our team. This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape.
As a VMware Solution Engineer (SE) you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the enterprise adoption of VMware solutions. As an SE you will work closely with sales and extended teams to build long-term business relationships and align with customers’ outcomes within assigned "named" accounts. The SE role at VMware will beimpactful, visible, and rewarding.
Job Role and Responsibility
- The SE works hand-in-hand with the VMware Field Sales teams to develop and deliver customer solutions.
- The SE seeks to build deep, consultative relationships with their customer, effectively becoming a trusted adviser. The SE trusted adviser is ideally positioned to understand the customer's high-level business objectives, and match these to VMware solutions to satisfy the business and technical requirements.
- The SE is comfortable presenting VMware’s value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels at their customer including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of customers' business and mission. Create and present solutions that address customers' needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Once an opportunity is identified, the SE is a critical member in developing the opportunity and moving it towards closure. Typical activities include building high-level design and architecture drawings, technically validating the solution with the customer, leading any demonstration or Proof of Concept (PoC) trial activities, assisting with the preparation of a formal proposal, and helping the Account Executive develop business cases and ROI/TCO justifications required to get support to drive business forward
- SEs constantly seek to expand their technical expertise and knowledge of VMware technologies, industry direction and trends, and competitor’s solutions via enablement and internal training offerings
- As a group, SEs communicate and collaborate with their peers and colleagues on trends, product feedback, customer success, etc.
- Provide consistent field reporting, pipeline generation, and data input via Salesforce.com
- We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- You have been in the high-tech industry for 5 years in a Pre-sales or customer-facing consulting capacity or have other relevant technical experience that demonstrates your relationship building skills and ability to present material to audiences with varying levels of technical capability.
- Throughout your career you have gathered significant industry knowledge and experience in areas such as Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Storage (SDS), Hyper converged Infrastructure (HCI), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Cloud Native Applications (CNA) or infrastructure security, but what really sets you apart is your expertise in enterprise applications, systems security, cloud or systems management, and business continuity is really what sets you apart.
- Your strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with your listening and questions-based selling skills help you see the “big picture” and develop innovative solutions to your customer’s challenges.
- Your BA/BS degree or equivalent give you the skills to continually learn.
- You have already achieved a VMware Certified Professional (VCP) designation or similar technical certification.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond. (This position is eligible for the AMERSalesDoubleDown enhanced ERP Campaign.)
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.