Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Systems Engineer France
La Defense, FranceApply Now
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Senior Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Provide pre-sales support to our Enterprise Sales organisation in pursuit of virtual infrastructure business opportunities. Gain prospects' technical recommendation to develop a business relationship with VMware and its channel partners. Expected to help define, accelerate and close transactional business within a defined set of accounts. Must perform a variety of tasks including product overviews, customised presentations and demonstrations, complex solution design, infrastructure surveys, proposal development, advanced product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions.
• Present VMware product features and benefits to Managers and Director Level prospects as well as Systems Managers and Administrators
• Provide technical and strategic vision about the VMware product family and be able to describe customised solutions to address complex customer requirements, utilising VMware and partner products and professional services
• Must be able to describe VMware’s key messages and vision and discuss key benefits for our customers
• Must be recognised and utilised as a technical resource within the region
• Must maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each
• Keeps abreast of developments within industry and the organization
• Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
• Acts as a VMware Product Advocate
• Pro-actively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new and existing technical relationships within accounts
• Evangelise current and future VMware products and technologies with an emphasis on large enterprise deployments and/or vertical solutions
• Pro-actively drive new and incremental business with the OEM and Channel Partners
• Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (PoCs)
• Documentation of client feature requests and issues
• Drive the design of customer oriented solutions using VMware
• Author white papers on technology and industry specific topics for use both internally and for customers
• Participate on a consistent basis in the SE discussion forum
• Assume the role of a mentor to other system engineers when appropriate
• Create training content for the SE organisation when appropriate
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
• Strategic Account Manager(s)
• Other SE’s
• Extended Specialist Teams
• Qualification in business or engineering discipline or equivalent training and industry experience
• Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major server operating system (UNIX/Linux or Windows Server): good working knowledge of Windows Server OSs
• Good understanding of Virtualisation concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is essential
• Strong understanding of Enterprise technology including SMP servers, storage arrays, storage networking, network protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
• Open systems administration and management, technical sales or consulting experience prioritising and organising skills
• Communicates effectively verbally including excellent presentation skills, (experience of presenting to large audiences e.g. seminars an advantage); communicates clearly in writing; strong relationship building skills.
• Ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
• Must be fluent in English, additional European languages an advantage
• Creative thinking ‘outside of the box’
• Demonstrates high ethics and integrity, is respected
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Knowledge / experience in Enterprise is preferable.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.