Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in India
When you walk through the doors of one of our state-of-the-art office sites in India, you’ll find modern, comfortable, positive spaces that invite our employees to share ideas, spread creativity, innovation, and find balance in their daily lives. We are proud of our presence in the community, proud of VMware’s future in India, and proud of our commitment to initiatives that celebrate diversity in the workplace and India’s technology industry.
VMware India continues to play a strategic role in VMware’s global growth strategy for the mobile cloud era and our operations are currently second in size only to those at VMware’s Palo Alto headquarters in the United States.
Director Human Resources of Management Partners
Managers are the critical link between employees and their employer. They set the foundation for how an employee experiences a Company, are the primary reason an employee stays with or leaves their employer and are responsible for driving business results through their teams and team members. Building stronger manager and leadership capability and effectiveness means building improved business performance and shareholder value. VMware has an opportunity to better enable its managers, at all levels of the organization, to motivate, inspire and drive higher performance through their teams and organizations. Growing manager and leadership capabilities will ensure that VMware is best positioned to hire, develop, engage and retain the most innovative and productive employees, driving higher performance and shareholder value than our talent and business competitors. To propel this need, we have strategically aligned a global team of HR Management Partners to provide coaching, direction and performance support to all our people managers.
We are looking to hire the Director of HR Management Partners for the Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) region. In this role, you will be a part of a global HR Management Partner leadership team. Strong partnership and collaboration are a must as you work with our global colleagues across Human Resources and with Business Leaders to enable the growth and development of VMware’s managers and leaders. You will be responsible for building an APJ model, based on our global strategy that is a scalable approach to growing manager effectiveness, providing a consistent HR Management Partner experience for all people managers, and partnering with HR Centers of Excellence to influence the processes, systems, and tools that deliver an impactful manager journey.
As our global team is successful, VMware will realize efficient resource utilization and impactful business results. This may be seen specifically through:
- An aggregate improvement in Manager Effectiveness survey scores over time
- Reduction in the number of employees who voluntarily resign from VMware primarily based on their manager’s capability as measured through the exit survey
- Lower incidence of Employee Relations cases related to “poor” manager capability, including higher quality outcomes of performance improvement plans
- Higher quality manager journey/experience including ease of accessibility, consistency, and integration with related processes, programs and solutions
- Stronger correlation of strong managers with employee performance, productivity and goal achievement
In this role, you will lead the APJ team of regionally organized HR Management Partners. As this is a relatively new capability within the HR organization, you will continue the momentum of transforming the function to achieve a high performing team. You will partner closely with your GEO HR Management Partner peers, and the Management Development team to turn management principles and development strategies into business results. Strong people leadership capabilities and ability to manage through change.
Additionally, you will need to:
- Have a demonstrable track record of leading people and enabling teams to achieve impactful results across multiple countries
- Have a depth of professional experience coaching individual contributors, managers and leaders
- Be a skillful collaborator and integrator with both a cross functional and global lens, bringing together diverse views and experiences
- Be able to identify roadblocks to success and craft effective solutions for a path forward
- Turn strategies into execution at the GEO level
- BS required in a business-related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a fast paced, growth-oriented company preferred
- You will have worked in global, multi-cultural environments
- Experience in implementing organizational change initiatives
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.