Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Project Manager - SSA
Johannesburg, South AfricaApply Now
- The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The PSO Organization includes Consulting Services, Advisory Services, Project Management, Education Services and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services. A new opportunity has arisen for a customer facing, hands on Project Manager to join our growing project delivery practice, focusing on complex Cloud and Mobility projects. The role will largely focus on complex single projects, or on multiple projects of up to 2 million US Dollar services value. The successful individual will have significant experience in managing Cloud, Infrastructure or Virtualization types of engagements, and will be highly proficient in change management, and managing the scope of projects. He or she will also be used to managing virtual teams and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology oriented projects. The Project Manager supports the Engagement Manager in the areas of delivery engagement quality, revenue forecasting and customer happiness. The role will be based in the Gauteng region but will also include managing project across the Sub-Saharan Africa Region and will require travel to some of these countries where our customers are based.
- You will lead one or more projects including the delivery of engagements within the constraints of schedule, scope, and budget
- You will provide project oversight, leadership, and customer relationship management
- You will monitor and reporting on all aspects of their projects including progress, project profitability, forecasted hours, risks, communications and critical issues
- You will maintain a high level technical knowledge of the VMware Cloud and Mobility software stack. (Full training and enablement provided)
- You will work with the Resource Managers to ensure that your projects have the best people with the right skills and at the right time
- You will contribute to development and maintenance of VMware PMO standards, processes, and standard methodologies
- Stays current on VMware services and solution offerings
Required skills and attributes:
- Considerable experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with an IT software, management consulting or "Big 5" consulting organization
- Medium and large scale project management experience of external customers
- Experience of successfully leading multiple projects
- Literate (able to write credible documents) and numerate (confident with calculating costs and margins)
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects
- Has a technical appreciation and is "hands on"
- Able to get on with all levels of people and a good influencer
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.)
- Strong analytical as well as organizational skills with an ability to handle challenging client demands
- Project management certification (GPM/PMI/PRINCE2)
- Experience managing/leading projects involving the deployment of core VMware virtualization products
- Scrum master certification or similar hands-on experience
- Fluent in English
Equal Opportunities Statement
We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.