Financial Services Strategic Account Manager
Johannesburg, South AfricaApply Now
Reporting to the SSA Regional Director the Strategic Account Manager is a primary driver for enterprise and transactional business within a limited portfolio of strategic enterprise accounts. This role is responsible for several customers based in the South African Financial Services Sector and would need to be motivated by direct customer contact at CXO level.
The objective of this role is to focus on the breadth and depth of business priorities within their client base, directly solidifying existing customer contacts whilst identifying and closing new revenue from the full portfolio of VMware products and services with the aim of establishing VMware’s relevance at C level and facilitating and negotiating multimillion $ Enterprise License Agreements. As a direct result you would be responsible for differentiating VMware’s product offerings and building a cohesive understanding of the value/ messaging/go to market/solution set specifically for the Financial Sector aligned to your customer’s own business goals and objectives.
- Achieving personal revenue targets by selling VMware solutions into allocated Enterprise accounts within an assigned vertical market. (Approx. 3-5 Accounts)
- Identifying opportunities, ie. Capturing, understanding and analysing specific customer business issues and demands and translating them into VMware solutions to build and maintain C level relationships
- Building focused and comprehensive account plans that ensure new business development and maintain account growth
- Orchestrating VMware’s internal resources to drive sales cycles
- Know our competition, integrate and work closely with our partner network and its capabilities, effectively define/align the positioning and value
- Integrate market trends within the Financial services sector and VMware capabilities to craft and present creative solutions aligned to your customer needs.
- Leveraging companywide marketing, resources and demand generation activities including attendance at specific events e.g. VMWorld, Exec Briefing Centers etc.
- Accurate forecasting and maintenance of internal sales systems (SFDC) as the opportunity owner and ensuring effective and detailed communication on pipeline status of all revenue streams to line management.
- Closing sales opportunities and negotiating commercial terms and conditions.
- Acting as an evangelist for VMware solutions, services and brand.
Business Acumen Executive Presence Strong consultative mindset and ability to uncover business challenges Highly credible customer facing and executive presence Industry Knowledge (Financial services sector) A holistic and detailed understanding of IT and how technology can accelerate business growth. Resource Orchestration local and international Contract Management Drive for Results (Thrives under pressure) Effective Customer Communication Strong proven account mgt and sales track record
- Extensive and relevant experience of selling enterprise software solutions to large enterprise within a high tech environment.
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships and credibility as a trusted advisor at C level.
- Direct experience of negotiating and closing complex contractual agreements (applicants should have experience of Intellectual property rights, commercial liability etc...)
- Proven history of sales achievement and delivery against target
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of leading virtual teams and orchestrating resource for maximum effect
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub