Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Senior vSAN Systems Engineer
Jakarta, IndonesiaApply Now
- Engage in sales activity that supports business growth, profitability, technical capability and service creation.
- Present VMware's technical value proposition to customers and provide technical deep dives on VMware’s Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) vision, vSAN Product, VxRail Appliances, and Cloud Foundation solutions
- Share past and present skills in a given area of specialization to support technology awareness
- Maintain and grow industry, technical, and product knowledge through certification or association.
- Maintain a solid understanding of competition across product, technology, applications, sales and strategies.
- Partner with field marketing to develop and execute on technical initiatives to increase awareness and adoption, based on territory technical needs, goals, and objectives.
- Create or localize sales and technical material, sharing with peers and partners.
- Develop local or global demonstration capabilities enabling regional sales communities to promote feature functionality of the portfolio.
- Performing in-depth technical presentations for customers, partners and marketing events.
- Working closely with the sales teams, yield maximum product and services revenue whilst driving partner/customer satisfaction
- Maintain regular account activity through SFDC, reporting to regional management on success/issues
- Support key communities such as VMware User Group (VMUG) and other industry events that help promote awareness of VMware’s solution and services
- Provide a conduit to technical marketing/BU for product issues/enhancements collected from the local teams on either GA releases or Beta programs.
- Develop sound knowledge of internal tools such as PartnerCentral/vmStar, MyVMware to help support our partners and customers
- Advocate VMware services, Education, Extended support services to the right tier of customer and partners
- Understand VMware internal and Customer/Partner business to provide coverage in supporting our sales efforts
- At least 6 or more years’ experience in System Engineering in the software industry and an SME
- Experience in the management of both infrastructure and application performance
- You should have experience and knowledge of various storage technologies/vendors and know how to position vSAN HCI among them.
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- Exposure to the business challenges of running an IT operation from application to end user, translating business processes into automated workflows
- Experience in virtual and physical infrastructure elements – storage, network, compute.
- Skilled in IT element management tools for configuration and performance.
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts behind public and private cloud computing.
- Strong self-starter with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Proven ability to engage at C-level
- Ability to operate in a Channel driven sales environment with complex global alliances with an appreciation of “Sell to and sell through” process
- Experience as a systems engineer focusing on infrastructure with strong experience in Cloud Solutions or VMware technical solutions.
- Proven experience as a technology evangelist, team lead or product specialist
- Planning, Implementation or Operational background desirable
- Sound knowledge of baseline SE skills and comprehensive knowledge in the following: Server, network, storage and virtualisation technologies.
- OS administration skills Apple, Windows, Unix/Linux platforms
- Server or storage products from HP, IBM, Cisco, Dell EMC, NetApp, HDS, or similar
- In-depth experience with IT solution, compute, storage, network theory, design and architecture.
- Understand Cloud/Service Providers, Systems Integrator and Outsource Provider, Enterprise, Commercial/SMB or equivalent business model.
- Knowledge of software and/or hardware, POC, testing and implementation.
- Attain and maintain VMware technical certifications relevant to your role and territory
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, BS/BA, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Advanced industry certification (e.g VCP, MCSP) desirable and/or strongly preferred
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.