Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Islāmābād, PakistanApply Now
Why work for VMware Professional Services
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are committed to satisfaction and success of the customer and their Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning SDDC.
We are dedicated to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in your area of interest within the SDDC stack. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with colleagues.
As a PSO Consultant, from strategy to implementation to optimization, you help the customers get up and running fast, minimize risk, and delivers the business outcome. You bring deep experience to facilitate the customer’s evolution towards emerging technology solutions, sharpening their edge in today’s complex digital world. You understand the business and technical requirements, create the best architecture designs, and deploy the solutions using methodological approach.
You are a specialist passionate about infrastructure virtualization with a foundational understanding of networking or storage virtualization, cloud automation, business critical and cloud-native applications, data center operations, end-user computing or public cloud.
We work in enterprise markets and offer solutions scale with millions of objects. We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, IT services Delivery, Automation, Orchestration and Management of Cloud infrastructure.
PSO Leadership team talk about the PSO work and why join our team
Responsibilities of the role:
- Sound understanding of SDDC solution design and implementation within the IT architecture space
- Plan, design, build & deliver the core infrastructure solutions
- Excellent user documentation skills
- Build and maintain the confidence of colleagues and customers
- Provide technical input to the Solution Architects and Services Business Leaders in the pre-sales stage of an opportunity by providing accurate effort estimation
- Ability to speak and present to both business and technical audiences
- Display commercial awareness by identifying future services opportunity within a project or with the customer
- Liaise and provide input into similar projects and standard methodologies, sharing knowledge among other consultants
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor.
- Validated working and hands-on experience with VMware’s products (e.g. VMware vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, vSAN, SRM, vCloud Director, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator) within modern IT production data centers and infrastructure environments
- Experience in designing and implementing virtualization solutions
- Familiar with capacity and performance management and tuning
- VMware Certified Professional in Data Center Virtualization, Network Virtualization or Cloud Management & Automation
- ITIL foundation certified or equivalent practical knowledge
- Good background in Windows and Linux systems administration
- Bachelors or Masters Degree or equivalent technical training
- Good communication and social skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Favoritism and Annoyance of Any Kind and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.