Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Staff System Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SARApply Now
Systems Engineer, NSX- China (Hong Kong)
The Charter of the VMware Network Virtualization & Security Business Unit (NSBU) Systems Engineering Organization is to be the dedicated overlay Pre-Sales experts driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation network virtualization and security platform, VMware NSX. The team will work directly with NSBU Product Management & Engineering, the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware NSX in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Network Virtualization Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security.
• Present VMware NSX vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers.
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
• Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures.
• Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects.
• Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products.
• Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers.
• Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
• 5+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments.
• Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer.
• Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”.
• Core values and traits
o Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to your team
o Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
o Competitive by nature
• Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation.
• Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills.
• Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM.
• Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud Automation Center (vCAC), vCloud Director (vCD)
• Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based.
• Ability to communicate with Network Architects
• Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management.
• Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
• Ability to run NSX Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
• Ability to deliver basic NSX training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.