Senior Systems Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SARApply Now
This role is to work closely with VMware's partners and clients to understand their business problems and help them develop the right technical solutions. As a result, you will form and further your relationship with technical decision makers.
You will lead the discussions to make VMware clients understand the value of our related solutions, how it fits into their network, and show them how to have a successful implementation as they take on the cloud transformation and software defined journey. You will have the full support of our product team, the rest of the sales organization and executive, to make great things happen.
- Lead our clients through their digital transformation (Private/Multi/Hybrid Cloud, Application Modernization, End User Computing, etc)
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Enjoy presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstration, explaining the use cases, and being the smart guy in the room
- Build network and architectural design that enables customers to make their clients' networks and platform simpler to manage, operate, and maintain
- Land and expand the size of the deployment, hence increase the recurring revenue and hit the sales objectives
- Foster long-term relationship with partners and our internal teams
- Get to play with cool and cutting edge technologies every day
- Hustle and make things happen for VMware and our customers’ environment
- Craft realistic account plans and meet project criteria
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Be resourceful and up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help to make the right decision
- Coordinate and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposal
- Lead the POCs, lab and field trials, and beta program
- Participate and present at roadshow and tradeshow, customer and partner training
- Network Industry Certification preferred such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are preferred.
- 7+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services, Systems Integrators for enterprise markets.
- 10+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in modern large network environments, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- BS Computer Science or higher required
The Systems Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub