Technical Account Manager
Herzliya, IsraelApply Now
Technical Account Manager
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMware's largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically DAX 30 accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their datacenters. You will serve as a project manager to ensure successful implementations and as an account manager to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will become the customer's single point of contact into all of VMware. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
- Provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives (This would include project management and solutions consulting)
- Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, sales and support staff
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice" and informal customer questions
- Travel is required up to 50 percent of the time, including internationally
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional services roles, pan-EMEA and Israel based
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong technical skills, specifically in virtualization system and/or technical architecture
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Good understanding of strategic sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training or industry experience preferred
- Background in management consulting or "Big 5" consulting organization is desirable
- Fluent in English, Fluent in Hewbrew
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
More details about VMware TAM services:
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub