Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
DevOps EngineerJob ID R1812030 Date posted 11/26/2018
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services.This is an exciting area to work in which crosses multiple domains of expertise in a fast-paced work culture. If understanding what value cloud can bring to our customers and experiencing what SaaS is all about motivates you, plus you are thrilled by delivering on a daily basis, then this job is for you.
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organisation, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and leverages modern technologies such as Python, Java, Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, microservices architectures and more. As a member of the team you will master the entire application life-cycle including application architecture and application deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
As a member of the CSP R&D you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of the core SaaS service platform within VMware:
- Core systems and infrastructure design, deployment and maintenance
- Proactively maintain availability of VMware's global services platform
- Working closely with software engineering teams to improve availability of services
- Managing seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation
- Leverage container platforms such as Kubernetes for large scale deployment of microservices
- Identifying, gathering, analyzing and automating responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
- Ensuring infrastructure security compliance
- Disaster recovery planning and regional failover testing
- Capacity management and planning
- Automatic scaling of infrastructure and services
- Conduct post-mortems to analyze and prevent repeat failures
- Developing and optimizing continuous integration and deployment processes (CI/CD)
- Conduct periodic on call duties as needed on a regular scheme basis
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, or Ruby.
- Fluent in English
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Knowledge of containerization and cloud services frameworks, K8S DC/OS-Mesosphere
- Experience with micro-services development.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD processes, Git and Jenkins.
- Knowledge in Linux. (Centos, Ubuntu)
- Experience in monitoring of cloud based systems (is a plus)
- Excellent skills in process, documentation, and change management.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Knowledge in Cloud provides. (AWS, GCP or Azure)
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.