Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Technical Support Engineer
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Are you're looking to be a leader in a dynamic and growing environment? If so, this role is for you.
In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other support engineers, sales engineers and customers to understand customer network configurations and problems that they may be facing or simply answering technical inquiries about NSX SD-WAN products. You will use your expert knowledge of Linux, APIs and MYSQL to establish root cause of customer issues. Customers may range from large enterprises to multinational telco service providers.
Sometimes this may involve raising the issue internally and keeping open communication with partners about the progress. You will engage customers via email and phone and provide timely and accurate information. One key objective would be to provide immediate solution/workaround and guide customers until the issue can be resolved.
- Prior experience working in a Support/Technical Assistance Center (TAC) team
- Linux and shell scripting skills such as log reading and performance testing high desired.
- Networking knowledge preferred (HTTP, TCP, IP, subnetting)
- Experience supporting a cloud service
- General familiarity with concepts like multi-tenancy, password management, common access issues that customers might have with a cloud service
- Experience with REST apis, swagger and JSON
- Experience using / building REST clients (curl, postman, python)
- Basic understanding of MySQL
- Experience debugging web applications using browser developer tools (e.g. console, network request log, debugger, etc.);
- Debug / troubleshoot the customer’s environment, collect additional information about the problem and resolve network performance issues
- Quickly assess and understand customers issues and business impact
- Ability to reproduce customer reported issues in the lab environment, work with development and QA to verify and fixes before they are rolled out to our customers
In addition to the above, excellent presentation and communications skills combined with the passion to work in a team environment are key attributes for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.