Technical Support Engineer
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
As an Applications Support Engineer and a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Respond to end user requests for technical support
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Provide root cause analysis of customer issues
- Develop workarounds to existing product lines when applicable
- Raise issues according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Craft and promote the creation of solution contact to assist within the centre.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share processes and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English. (Portuguese is a plus)
- 1-3 years’ experience in a business to business client support role
- B.S. degree in an engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with supporting or managing Microsoft Exchange
- Good social, communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to manage multiple issues while maintaining short response and resolution times
- Knowledge of current mobile device trends.
- Experience developing and installing software
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience using MSSQL to tackle issues
- Experience solving enterprise networking problems
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Business Unit: Global Services: VMware’s Global Services team focuses on one main mission: using our expertise in the cloud, virtualization, and digital transformation to provide superior customer support. Our team members bring expertise in several key lines of business, including Customer Solutions, Customer Success, Support Operations, Digital Platform, and Customer Advocacy. We use this wide array of knowledge to reimagine the entire customer experience, from adoption of solutions through utilization and support. That helps us create a more positive end-to-end customer experience and pursue our goal of creating VMware customers for life. Are you inspired by the chance to develop deeper relationships with customers and help them achieve their business goals? Join our team and learn how to increase customer satisfaction and help the company grow.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub