Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Technical Support Engineer
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
About the Global Support Services Team:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products.
GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
· The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration
· The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial startup
· Excellence and innovation
· Straightforwardness and open communications
· A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
· Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves
· A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
As an Applications Support Engineer and a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware’s most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
· Respond to end user requests for technical support
· Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
· Provide root cause analysis of customer issues
· Develop workarounds to existing product lines when applicable
· Raise issues according to Standard Operating Procedures.
· Use internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
· Craft and promote the creation of solution contact to assist within the centre.
· Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share processes and learn about new technologies.
· Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English. (Portuguese is a plus)
· 1-3 years’ experience in a business to business client support role
· B.S. degree in an engineering or equivalent experience
· Good social, communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic or ambiguous situations.
· Ability to manage multiple issues while maintaining short response and resolution times
· Knowledge of current mobile device trends.
· Experience developing and installing software
· Experience with Windows operating systems
· Experience using MSSQL to tackle issues
· Experience solving enterprise networking problems
· Logical approach to problem solving.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.