Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Sr. Business System AnalystJob ID R1904971 Date posted 04/09/2019
The Business Solution Analyst is responsible for defining, identifying, implementing optimization and automation opportunities for the front office and back office business processes used within Sales Ops/Renewal Ops. The Business Solution Analyst along with other team members owns and manages the overall definition of the end-to-end business processes for Renewal Operations. This role is also responsible for defining, designing, delivering and managing front office and back office system automation changes and implementation projects to deliver the Renewal team’s business objectives.
Responsibilities will also include leveraging best practices experience in Service Contract, Renewal, Install Base, Order Management, SFDC processes and solutions to implement VMware business programs and cross-functional projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, process design and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects
- Perform gap analysis: as is vs. to be.
- Key contributor in cross-functional teams, BRD/User story review, development plans, and roadmap development.
- Experienced with multiple software delivery lifecycle methodologies such as - Waterfall, Agile.
- Function as the Product Owner in the agile/SCRUM software development process throughout the product life cycle including managing backlog.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - Willing to innovate, learn and share knowledge.
- Able to develop ideas, processes and communicate clearly.
- Passion to learn and adopt to new technologies.
- Demonstrates influence within their area of expertise.
- Ability to work in a global cross-functional environment collaborating with internal customers to help support and enhance business systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4-year Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business management or related discipline. Advanced degree would be a plus
- Strong coding skills in SQL, PL/SQL with added advantage on Performance Tuning experience.
- 5+ years of experience in ERP Applications such as Oracle or SAP, primarily in Order To Cash process (Order Management and Accounts Receivables) and CRM process (Install Base and Service Contracts)
- Knowledge on various Databases like MySQL, Graphical DB’s, Mongo DB, Elastic DB etc in addition to Oracle DB a plus.
- 5+ years Sales/Sales Operations business related work experience including SalesForce
- 7+ year’s experience leading major Programs/Projects in a complex, global corporate setting
- Understanding of Sales Cycles, Sales Models, Sales Tools, end-to-end business processes (front-office and back-office), lifecycles of various enterprise entities (e.g., Customer, Product, Install base, Service Contracts etc) and implementation of these within CRM and ERP systems for:
- Partner Relationship Management
- Account Management
- Opportunity Management
- Deal / Account Registration
- Order Management
- Service Renewals
- Web-based self-service portal
- B-2-B transactions: ED
- Extremely strong communication skills to deliver meaningful insights from complex analysis to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- Excellent presentation skills. Must have reported to C-level executives.
- A do-er and self-starter who works well in a face-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Highly responsive and adaptable.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.