Senior Revenue Analyst
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
The Senior Revenue Analyst will be a member of the revenue deal assurance team and will report to a Revenue Manager. Specific responsibilities will depend on your skill set but will primarily include the review and structuring of enterprise license agreements. Additional activities may include, preparation of internal and external reporting schedules and other ad hoc projects. VMware is a rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement.
Job Role and Responsibility:
• Ability to critically evaluate customer requests and provide well-reasoned solutions to enable management, in coordination with other cross-functional teams to successfully conclude sales opportunities
• During contract negotiations, understand and interpret business cases including ability to develop & use fallback options.
• Work closely with sales management, legal and sales operations to ensure proper compliance with revenue recognition rules and guidelines
• Review customer contracts and purchase orders to identify potential revenue recognition issues and ensure proper revenue treatment
• Review customer statements of work to identify potential revenue recognition issues and ensure the contracts are within company guidelines.
• Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests
• Assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts and accounting guidance.
• Understanding of ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers), and US GAAP Accounting Standards.
• Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA, and Big 4 Accounting Experience
• 2-5 years of experience in a software revenue accounting or similar position.
• Oracle & SAP system experience
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub