Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Senior Research AnalystJob ID R1904284 Date posted 04/01/2019
As a Senior Research Analyst you will be responsible for leading data analysis and reporting in VMware’s Customer Advocacy group. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who possesses intellectual curiosity, is highly skilled at data analysis, storytelling with data, and focuses on business impact in an ever-changing environment.
The Senior Research Analyst is primarily responsible for statistical analysis, data management, and reports/dashboard development. This function will manage data analysis and reporting projects from end-to-end to ensure successful execution.
Responsibilities of the Senior Research Analyst:
- Analyze data from various data sources (survey and non-survey) with high accuracy to uncover key findings that have business impact
- Build dashboards in Tableau that allow stakeholders to view and segment data points from research studies by various segments in real-time
- Create reports that summarize key findings in a clear and compelling way, with the ability to tell a cohesive story with the data
- Mine data across a variety of sources and of different natures to identify and synthesize patterns, trends, and relationships
- Provide actionable recommendations to business units based on findings from analysis
- Present and communicate insights within Customer Advocacy and to VMware stakeholders
- Ensure projects are completed on time and communication to team members and manager is high during each project phase
- Take business challenges/questions and translate those needs into the right research/project design and plan
- Manage projects/schedules from end-to-end
- Assist in other Customer Advocacy projects/programs as required
Job Requirements of the Senior Research Analyst:
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills to lead or facilitate discussions over the phone and with remote teams
- Independent research and analytical skills.
- High proficiency with data analytics and working with research/survey data in particular
- Strong skills in visualizing data/insights and storytelling with data in PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) required. Degree in business, analytics, statistics or math, market research, information technology, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience performing similar work, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience working with large data sets and statistical analysis
- Experience with pivot tables, data analysis and metrics development using Microsoft Excel
- Experience in SPSS, R, SAS, and/or similar analytics/reporting tools
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.