Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Senior Manager, Data Strategist
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Our Enterprise Data and Analytics team is looking for a Senior Manager, Data Strategist who will be responsible for leading strategies to develop, maintain, govern and evolve the data capabilities across the enterprise to support analytical capabilities and support business strategies. The Senior Manager, Data Strategist is also responsible for defining and measuring maturity of existing data capabilities, leading proof of concept tiger team to prove out technology and solutions, acting as an advisor to new data and analytical implementation strategies, as well as for leading the effective integration and partnership with other related functions and organizations across the Enterprise. The position requires the Senior Data Strategist must be a self-starter with strong leadership, architectural knowledge, analytical skills, ability to connect dots, take data strategies and convert them into realized road-maps, and is comfortable working with distributed teams, colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific, and can interact effectively all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities & Scope:
• Own the strategy to evolve technology across the enterprise to mature analytics capabilities through enterprise architecture functions/programs, striving for the appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise information governance, business self-service capabilities, and technical and solution architectures to support business strategies
• Driving the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers to derive enterprise business information, technical and solution architecture requirements
• Analyzing the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
• Analyzing technology industry and market trends as well as determining their potential impact on the enterprise and recommend solutions based on industry proven marketplace
• Own the inventory and roadmap for analytic technologies across the enterprise
• Lead business capability and technology proof of concepts to evolve and standardize next gen analytic capabilities
• Develop the implementation plan for the enterprise capabilities and tool sets based on business requirements and technology strategies and road-map
• Define the tool/environment usage guidelines and best practices
• Close partnership with enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities to optimize business use of technologies
• Consulting with application development project teams to fit systems to architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate business needs
• Driving organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise data capabilities
• Partner to drive the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise capabilities
• Manage vendor partnerships, relationships, oversee SOWs, consultants used for implementations
Skills and Knowledge:
• Familiarity with basic information management practices
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
• Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
• Knowledge of network architecture, client/server processing, and object-oriented analysis and design
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
• An understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics
• The ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
• The ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
• The ability to estimate the financial impact of enterprise architecture alternatives
• The ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
• The ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• The ability to translate business strategies and requirements into technical solutions and strategies
• 7-10 Years’ Experience in the Data Architecture, Analytics, IT related areas
• A degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study.
• At least three years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, information analysis, database management or operations) in a multitier environment — or five years of experience in business analysis or business strategic planning
This individual should have a demonstrated reputation for being:
• Influential in the organization and a team player
• Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies
• Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences
• Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.