Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Senior Business AnalystJob ID R1901767 Date posted 02/13/2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 14,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
Digital business requires a digital foundation. VMware compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security software forms a dynamic, consistent digital foundation to deliver the apps that power business innovation. VMware streamlines the journey to digital business by unlocking value from today’s technologies while enabling the integration of tomorrow’s. We, IB Services organization support different business lines, Transactional renewal quotes, ELA IB quotes, Renewal ELA quotes for Sales/Sales support team and audit models for Third party auditors. We are committed to delivering an unparalleled purchasing experience that enables, accelerates operational innovation and build bridges across VMware and our Field sales community. We put our people first by creating a global employee experience that builds loyalty.
Install Base Services - Strategy acts as the custodian for 3P’s (Policy, Procedure and Process); automations, Projects & other system/process driven innovations. Sr. Business Analyst at IB Services Strategy in VMware requires an individual who demonstrates the ability to learn new business concepts in support of a team’s objective. Ideal candidates are innovative, analytical, process oriented, ambitious, and enjoy working in a fast-growing, data and operationally driven environment. He or she should have a strong business understanding, good verbal and written communication skills, advanced Excel and data analytics skills.
- Subject matter expertise on Install Base Services quoting and Service Contract processes in Oracle, apart from understanding of ELA business and other dependent processes/functions
- Involvement in projects & programs - Include requirements gathering, impact assessment, BRD, FRD understanding, testing, go live readiness and training plans
- Drive internal Operational Excellence projects
- Perform data analysis and reporting metrics analysis
- Preparing presentations for various audiences and leaders
- Work with business stakeholders for defining solutions and issue resolution
- Work on adhoc projects or program functions as assigned
- Engage with Stakeholders through string communication and interpersonal skills
- Work independently, interact with team members/stakeholders across geo’s & different time zones
- Host and participate in business meetings
- Flexibility to work across time zones
- Coordinate and work closely with operational leaders to identify and drive process efficiencies, training requirements
- Guide Ops SME’s, team members on process/project related initiatives
- Provide ideas/solutions to business problems, participate & contribute on strategic initiatives
- Documentation and creating process flows
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 + Years of experience in software industry, Preferably Quote to Cash
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbal and written
- Self-driven, creative & learn with minimum support
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills, innovation & out of box thinking
- Flexibility in working hours as per business requirements (weekends & extended hours)
- Systems oriented with strong analytical tool and database skills for data retrieval & provide insights
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, VBA, Access, SQL Server via SQL
- Experience in a business intelligence reporting systems and proficiency in business intelligence visualization tools such as Tableau/HANA is an added advantage
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.