Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Senior Business Analyst – MDM & Data ServicesJob ID R1812082 Date posted 02/18/2019
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand business requirements & demonstrate ability to develop and prepare business analysis, plans & business requirement definitions
- Requirement gathering and document the Business & functional requirements.
- Responsible for end to end Project Delivery – from pre-initiate phase to launch/transition to steady state
- Good understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Create and manage deliverable aligned to playbook
- Drive business consumption of Master Data and attributes
- Drive streamlining of Customer data end to end process flow.
- Document use cases for business consumption of data (including current challenges and pain-points, if any)
- Understand the as-is business process, and identify areas that would impact integrity of Master data
- Work with cross-functional & IT teams to identify/define the solution Def.
- Perform the data profiling to identify the trends & patterns of data issues
- Communication & read-out to Business stakeholder, leadership teams, SC etc.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand business data improvement and focus areas of business
- Responsible for business process understanding and documentation of Data Management process
- Gather and analyze business requirements and critical data elements across functional areas.
- Work with cross functional stakeholder for issue resolution
- Identify data sources and data fields for Data completeness, Accuracy & Relevancy Scorecard.
- 10+ years of industry experience in Data Management practices and methodologies
- Good understanding and working knowledge of ‘Data-As-A-Service’ framework
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast paced, high volume environment
- Proven ability to provide guidance and make decisions that require judgment and consideration of possible impacts
- Should have exhibited accountability, ownership and decision-making capabilities
- Self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
- Demonstrated process management, testing and document control skills
- Experience on task prioritization, workload and escalation management
- Strong verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, ability to work in teams
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment
- Experience with identifying improvement opportunities, defining and implementing new processes
- Good office software skills (e.g., Excel, Access, Visio, PPT), knowledge of relational, object & dimensional databases, and familiarity with statistical packages and analysis techniques
- Should perform end to end RCA on issues and challenges that are reported by business system users and process owners
- Exposure towards building playbooks, SOP’s, KPI’s will be an added advantage
- Should have excellent knowledge on proactive data analysis in conjunction with business needs
- Good understanding on all or any two of the domains (Customer, Product and Vendor)
- Should have Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.