Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Senior Business Analyst - Business Intelligence
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
The Enterprise Data Analytics (EDA) organization at VMware is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical and driven individual. VMware is a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
This Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for working with key business customers and IT teams to deliver Business Intelligence solutions to support VMware’s growing business with optimized systems/processes.
This position will be a key point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities for VMware’s Sales organization. By forming a strong partnership with other cross-functional teams – such as IT, operations, and sales teams – this Senior Analyst will help ensure alignment on reporting / analytic initiatives and the underlying data architecture and ecosystem.
The position requires strong analytical, and communication skills. The Senior Business Analyst will need to work independently, across distributed teams at different levels of the organization.
Responsibilities & Scope:
- Act as subject matter expert and point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities in the Sales Analytics group of EDA
- In partnership with Sales operations, define intuitive, insightful, actionable, and compelling dashboards based on Salesforce Einstein / Wave Analytics.
- Enable Wave solutions to be embedded into and available within our wider SFDC ecosystem
- Provide input on Wave capabilities and limitations to the broader team in enabling scalable dashboards and applications
- Develop and deploy dashboards in Wave, Tableau/BOBJ based on requirements and architecture guidance from EDA
- Handle issues and service requests coming from the Sales Organization and provide guidance to IT on handling cases.
- Proactively engage with project teams to understand the data / reporting impact of system and process changes
- Align with IT and product teams on the foundational data architecture to enable Sales stakeholders to leverage a common reporting and analytic platform
- Empower stakeholders by developing data-driven capabilities for obtaining and utilizing business insights
- Develop expertise on Sales business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
- Collaborate on the definition of KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business
- Lead reporting projects as needed, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end lifecycle – from requirements through UAT, deployment
- Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption of reporting and analytics solutions
- Perform data analysis as needed to identify trends and key drivers of metrics
- Promote and support self-service reporting across Sales stakeholder organizations
- Work with global teams spanning different time zones.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in delivering enterprise-wide business intelligence and analytics solutions.
- Strong background in dashboard \ report development, Business Analysis, and Requirements Development.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in designing and building Einstein /Wave Analytic applications and experience articulating Wave design and implementation best practices.
- Good working knowledge of UI Visualization, Dashboard Design, Desktop and Mobile Layouts, and Bindings
- Hands on Salesforce Development experience and functional knowledge of Salesforce platform is a plus
- Good understanding of data architecture spanning across systems
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools: Tableau and SQL skills are mandatory; SAP Business Objects is good to have.
- Functional knowledge of Sales business models and related metrics.
- Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preference for Computer Science
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.