Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Process Excellence Lead
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Process Excellence Lead – Process Excellence Practice Business Transformation and Automation Team.
The Process Excellence Practice Team (within the Business Transformation and Automation group) leads efforts to institutionalize process excellence culture and mindset along with delivering process automation, process re-engineering, and optimization initiatives across VMware using Continuous Improvement/Business Process Excellence (e.g., Lean Six Sigma) methodologies, concepts and principles. The team works closely with business stakeholders within VMware to plan, design and implement the end-to-end re-engineering, optimization initiatives of identified and prioritized core global processes and bespoke local processes.
The Process Excellence Lead role reporting to the Process Excellence Practice Manager, will bring experience, skills, maturity and capabilities to fulfill the objectives and responsibilities outlined below.
- Deliver complex re-engineering and simplification / standardization / optimization of identified global cross-functional processes resulting in a significant return on investment for VMware
- Coordinate work effort in partnership with a team of local or remote SMEs (functional / operations) and Lean Six Sigma trained resources to support the delivery of projects
- Actively participate and contribute to the development of a metrics driven culture across the function using production management tools and techniques
- Active participation in development of Process Excellence Community and culture through active involvement in a variety of workshops, forums and training sessions related to Lean Six Sigma and other Process Excellence concepts and practices
- Play the role of a change agent to help institutionalize Lean Six Sigma across the organization, constantly seeking, sharing & implementing best practices
- Deliver training on process optimization concepts, Lean & Six Sigma (basic and advanced) including yellow and /or green belt training
- Collaborate with internal process re-engineering teams to ensure commonality of approach, methods and tools and consistency of advice and solutions; Coach project teams on effective usage of process optimization concepts, Lean & Six Sigma and achievement of tangible business results
- Mentoring and coaching a number of new Green and Yellow belt trainees including sign off for accreditation purposes where appropriate
- Take ownership of full automation application development and deliver the expected solution in time and at the expected quality. Have excellent analytical skills, knowledge of solid programming principles and broad knowledge of technologies and programming languages. Have the ability to design automated process applications and functionalities based on the business description.
- Training and Certification from a reputed company in Continuous/Process Improvement related methods and tools including but not limited to Design Thinking, Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, Predictive Modeling & Simulation, Business Process Modeling.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in field of Engineering or Computer Sciences; Masters or MBA is desirable
Experience & Capabilities
- 5-10 years (2 to 4 years in Process excellence capacity) of professional experience driving large, cross-functional and global process re-engineering and improvement initiatives (using continuous improvement/lean six sigma principles and concepts) with demonstrable business results
- Prior experience working at a top management/professional consulting firm highly desired, experience with a Big 4 a plus
- Experience working on large, global process re-engineering initiatives in large complex global organizations
- Demonstrated ability to build, maintain relationship and navigate a large global organization using formal and informal networking skills
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder (VP level and up) relationship, partnership and interactions
- Proven experience mentoring and coaching individuals through smaller scale re-engineering projects focused on methodology, structure and engagement
- Past experience of and confident in delivering Lean Six Sigma, kaizen or other process re-engineering training modules e.g., Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt / Green Belt training
- Strong and open communicator using both verbal and written modes – shares ideas and experiences, drives engagement, actively involves people
- Experience understanding and facilitating change in a challenging and dynamic environment – handling challenge from senior stakeholders, push back from business-as-usual teams and a lack of understanding/appreciation of the benefits of Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement
- Strong influencing skills to understand, identify, manage and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated experience to facilitate, influence and lead projects, drive discussion remotely and over the phone
- ‘Self starter’, ‘independent thinker’ with the ability to conceptualize, communicate and solicit alignment and buy-in\
- Quick learner, looking for new challenges
- Fluency in English
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Travel availability
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.