Portals Application Support Analyst
Heredia, - Costa RicaApply Now Job ID R1904914
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery.
- Engage in development and improvement in the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment and maintenance.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Scale systems through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice balanced incident response and blameless postmortems and take those inputs back to development and build flawless services which are reliable.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of total experience
- You have at least 1+ years of working experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and have been involved in implementations
- You have the ability to pick up new technical skills and technologies.
- You enjoy working with multiple development languages and technologies.
- You have 1+ years of MicroServices and containers experience
- You love working in a dynamic environment where time to resolution of an issue is paramount.
- Your oral and written communication skills are amazing.
- You have proven interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical teams.
- You love analyzing problems and solving issues
- Java programming experience is preferred
- While tools and technologies continue to evolve, the list below is indicative of what skills are desired to be successful in this role. We don’t expect one individual to have every single one of these skills but a good working combination of them will be a good start. You can always learn the others to fill any gaps.
- Programming expertise in at least one JVM based language.
- Provisioning and automation tools and APIs viz. Docker, Pivotal CloudFoundry
- Familiar with Container engines such as Kubernetes
- Experience with frameworks such as Springboot/Spring MVC
- Good knowledge of SOAP, REST API
- Experience with Hibernate/JDBC
- Experience with distributed web portal farms – Apache, LifeRay
- Continuous Integration Tools Jenkins / Bamboo
- Source code management tools PerForce / SVN / GITHub
- Library tools like Maven / Ivy / Artifactory / Bintray
- Scripting languages like Ruby and Python
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub