New Graduate- General & Admin- HR Specialist
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The HR Specialist is a key member of the Global HR Services team responsible for providing administrative and operational program support for both candidates and VMware employees. This person will be responsible for the daily administration of various processes including the hiring process, verification of employment and business travel letters, employee terminations. This person will be responsible for working cross-functionally with other US-based HR teams including HRIS, Staffing, and Business Partners.
- Provide consultation to recruiters and hiring managers as needed regarding the hiring process & business travel letters.
- Audit and generate employment offer letters/ employment contracts and work as a direct point of contact for candidates between offer stage and New Hire on-boarding stage.
- Create specific HR documents such as business travel letters (including all necessary employee support letters for traveling & VISA purposes).
- Generate verification of employment letters.
- Process voluntary and involuntary terminations in our VMware’s HR System, Workday.
- Manage work via Workday and VMware’s ticket management tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in written and verbal English language
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate across global teams and partners.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing is necessary.
- Exhibit problem solving and critical thinking skills to facilitate consultation needed.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints.
- Shared Service Center experience is a plus
- Workday or other HR management tools is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team and cooperate with other team members.
- Hands-on experience with innovative technology
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub