Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
New Grad - Sales Administration - Project Manager
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at https://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware Academy is a global development program that is designed to fast track new graduates from in-depth training into successful careers within the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. As a part of VMware Academy, you will begin your journey by being immersed in several weeks of collaborative training known as Foundation (classroom) at a designated VMware location. Upon completion of Foundation training, you will return to your home office and move into your role which will include on-the-job training. During this time, you will continue to develop your skills and product knowledge while creating meaningful mentor relationships that will ignite your career. With continued development, manager support, and ongoing mentorships, your growth is limitless. We look forward to seeing you in Worldwide Sales and Services.
As a member of the ProdOps team, you will handle number of projects and/or project tasks, which are critical priorities. The projects vary in size and complexity. As Project Manager, you are responsible for organizing, running and delivering standard project activities and:
- Develop and prep weekly newsletters and communications to external partner groups
- Handle and update ProdOps tools & templates
- Engage with cross-functional organizations to develop, document, plan, execute, measure and close project deliverables for standard projects
- Identify and communicate project scope to ensure project milestones and objectives are met by agreed schedule
- Identify risks to project success and build mitigation plans, handle and raise issues and resolve conflicts
- Handle a list of business operational leads by user function and impact
- Deliver on ad-hoc assignments as business requires
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, operations, or related field
- 0-5 years of project management experience in an engineering or technical industry
- Understanding of Supply Chain, Go-to-Market, SKU Management, and Product Launch processes for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated competence in handling multiple global projects concurrently, meeting all critical deliverable dates
- Ability to lead as a Subject Matter Guide within a diverse cross-team setting
- Excellent verbal, written and social skills
- Collaboration skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Attributes including self-starter, phenomenal teammate, information seeker and accountability
- Capacity to work with limited supervision and direction; driving results and setting priorities independently
- Positive attitude, creative and can-do approach to changing priorities
- Availability to start in July 2019
- PMP certification
- Prior experience in SDLC
- Understanding of NPI, NSI (SaaS), Cloud/Hybrid GTM Models, and the Quote-to-Cash process
- Business system analytical experience
*VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.