Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
New Grad - Pre-Sales - Associate Solutions Engineer
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at https://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware Academy is a global development program that is designed to fast track new graduates from in-depth training into successful careers within the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. As a part of VMware Academy, you will begin your journey by being immersed in several weeks of collaborative training known as Foundation (classroom) at a designated VMware location. Upon completion of Foundation training, you will return to your home office and move into Role-Based (on-the-job) training over the course of 4-6 months depending on role and location. During your Role-Based training, you will continue to develop your skills and product knowledge while creating meaningful mentor relationships that will ignite your career. After Role-Based training, you will have completed Academy and transition into your role and business unit. With continued development, manager support, and ongoing mentorships, your growth is limitless. We look forward to seeing you in Worldwide Sales and Services.
Associate Solutions Engineer:
The Associate Solutions Engineer (SE) will be responsible for selling the company's solutions and services via telephone and web-conference. A typical day involves speaking with 10-20 customers and 10+ partners that are considering purchasing VMware solutions. The Associate SE will support VMware NOLA Sales representatives in the sales process of company’s solutions. The ideal candidate should be fluent in English and Spanish, with the ability to have technical-based conversations. In this role, you will help accelerate and close business within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts.
Typical duties include building customized presentations and demonstrations; assisting customers and partners with product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions; and enabling partners and customers in our solutions. The Associate SE will go through a guided training program once joining the company, and will continue to build strengths by learning from Solutions Engineers and other Technical Services personnel they will sit alongside. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics, and great communication skills.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent
- Good social and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and customer-facing environment
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and as a team
- Ability to build and present product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Confidence and willingness to stretch beyond current skills and capabilities
- Ongoing willingness to help others be successful
- Possess organizational and planning skills and have the ability to multitask
- Fluent in English and Spanish to hold technical conversations
- Available to start in July 2019
- Ability to travel as needed
- Hands on IT Sales experience from either Internships, Co-Ops, Work Experience, and/or Projects
- Technical knowledge of or prior experience using VMware products
- Prior client-facing work experience
- Involved in sales clubs, programs, certifications, or competitions
*VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.