Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Manager, BTA PMO
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Business Transformation and Automation Program Manager & PMO Manager
VMWare’s Business Transformation and Automation (BTA) PMO works with key business functions and IT teams to enable new business models, deliver innovative capabilities and process improvement to support VMware’s growth. Initiatives span virtually every VMware business domain including Sales, Marketing, Channel Partners, Renewals, Operations, Support, and Finance.
BTA is seeking versatile business Program Manager to both manage individual initiatives, as well as lead the Costa Rica BTA Program Management team.
In the Program Manager role, this individual will structure and drive the execution of large, cross-functional initiatives of business technology enablement, process and policy improvement, including change management and confirmation of success objective realization.
As the manager of the Costa Rica PMO, this person will support performance of the team; guide the development of individual team members; and contribute to the evolution of BTA program management model, tools and methodology.
Program Management Role
- Construct program charters, establish and drive execution plans, timelines and program governance, and manage risks & contingencies
- Manage communication and engagement with program sponsors, stakeholders, and business communities
- Work cross-functionally to establish program team structure and resource support. Manage cross-functional global teams (IT, business, 3rd party vendors, etc.) in a matrix framework
- Establish a clear RACI around project roles and responsibilities.
- Drive definition of business future state solution in partnership with IT, Solutions Architects and business stakeholders
- Align program with other VMware initiatives and manage cross-project dependencies
- Drive implementation of related processes and policies
- Facilitate change management activities through program life-cycle
PMO Manager Role
- Build, manage and inspire a team of Business Project & Program Managers
- Provide leadership and support to PMs in successfully manage all phases of programs, including ensuring consistency in program management methodologies, communication, tools, and metrics.
- Partner with BTA leads to evolve and optimize the PMO
- Support team member’s professional development
- BS/BA degree in Business or Technology-related field (required)
- MBA or Masters (preferred)
- Program Management certification or equivalent (required)
- Process Excellence training (preferred)
- 10+ years implementing process improvement and technology enablement in complex, cross-functional, global contexts
- 5+ years leading direct project/program management team
- SDLC lifecycle experience across waterfall, agile and hybrid methodologies
- External business consultant experience or significant, equivalent internal experience across different organizations (preferred)
- Understanding of Sales Cycles/Models, Renewals, Customer Service & Support, Pricing, and Order Management business processes and systems
- Familiarity with enterprise systems, including PRM, CRM, SFA, and ERP
- Independent, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity
- Adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Superior business communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiations skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities involving others
- Ability to think strategically
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.