Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Global Partner Finance and Marketing AnalystJob ID R1903666 Date posted 04/08/2019
In this position you will manage the annual, quarterly and monthly Intel budget process, including monitoring budget spend and reporting within timelines. Work with the global marketing managers to collect the proof of performance for each campaign in order to submit the claim to Intel before its expiration date. Work with the global marketing managers and internal finance, accounts receivables and accounts payable teams to provide transparency to business on status of spend activity by campaign.
- Manage the annual, quarterly and monthly marketing budget planning process across the team, including monitoring budget spend to plan within company finance and accounting timelines.
- Manage the day-to-day budgeting marketing operating and travel budgets including accurate spend tracking and reporting and invoice and accrual follow ups.
- Work with the global marketing managers and internal finance, procurement, strategic sourcing and accounts payable teams to provide transparency to business on status of spend activity (SOWs, Purchase orders, invoices, accruals).
- Manage accrual process, working with marketing managers, and corporate finance to book expenses as accruals for specific budgets.
- Own operating and travel budget tracking and reporting, including analyzing variances to budget and forecast.
- Collaborate with internal and offshore team in support of managing budget and procure-to-pay processes, and externally with marketing managers to ensure alignment and compliance.
- Continually evaluate current processes and build efficiencies to improve planning and budget management.
- Consistency to maintain Finance compliance policy as part of fiscal responsibilities.
- Document and maintain budgeting processes.
- Train internal marketing managers on processes and budgeting procedures.
- Effective and organized in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experienced in a multi-national work environment
- Results oriented and focused on execution
- Team player with a customer first attitude and demeanor
Skills and Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance and/or 3-5 years of Marketing Budget management experience
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel is mandatory and previous experience with budgeting and BI tools (SAP, Coupa, Concur) is preferable
- General Finance / Marketing experience, managing budgets, opening purchase orders, tracking actuals and invoicing
- Self-starter and proactive
- Attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, strong team player and the ability to manage time-sensitive projects and deadlines
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.