Heredia, - Costa RicaApply Now Job ID R1811239
This position reports to the FP&A Supervisor in Costa Rica. The main focus of this position will be to lead the reporting, analytics, and ad-hoc requests for SABU under GBU Hierarchy. Additionally, the Analyst will be an active participant on other GBU FP&A projects and PMO initiatives related to bookings and/or spending.
- Spending reporting. Report the quarterly spending results for SABU. This includes categorization of all spending transactions to ensure accurate reporting of the various operating, investing and financing components within them. Assist with the preparation of quarter-end deliverables.
- Spending planning.Report and analyze historical financial data in order to present a quarterly number tied out with Corporate Targets for each business unit and overall GBU hierarchy.
- Process improvement. Drive process improvements associated with the current methodologies use for the planning/forecasting and analysis processes and also actively participate into the PMO GBU programs.
- Historical dashboards.Maintain historical dashboards tracking of the spending associated with the business units within the scope including trends analysis as but not only: quarter over quarter and year over year. Track trends in historical linearity, seasonality, etc. to help drive current year spending forecast.
- Materials preparation.Support the creation of materials for top management updates, approval meetings and quarterly business reviews.
- Deep dive analyses and ad hoc projects. As required, conduct analyses providing insights into the actual spending and CAPEX situation for the assigned business units. Additionally, and as required, assist with other projects related to bookings and/or spending.
- Top line analysis. Tracking of the 3rd Party activities related with the subscription business model.
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of the MS office package. Advanced Excel skills are necessary
- Strong analytical skills and capability to interpret large data sets and communicate valuable insights
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage information requests across multiple groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Initiative to problem-solve
- Strong attention to detail and interested in performing deep-dive analyses to extract insights from data.
- Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis roles
- CAPEX management and deep accounting skills considered as a plus
- Ability and experience working in cross functional teams
- Motivated individual with a desire to learn and to grow in a fast moving environment
- Confidence to ask for help to his or her peers and/or superiors
- Quick learner and interested in developing his or her career in a fast pace and challenging environment
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub