Enterprise Data Modeler
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Our Enterprise Data and Analytics team is looking for an Enterprise Data Modeler who will be responsible for developing, maintaining and evolving the data models across the enterprise to support various functional and analytical capabilities and business strategies. The Enterprise Data Modeler would engage with Business Stakeholders, IT and Data Architects to understand business, functional and Architectural requirements and translate them into supporting Data Model, Data flow and Rules Orchestration. The position requires the Enterprise Data Modeler to be a self-starter with strong analytical skills, ability to connect dots, take business/data requirements and convert them into realized data artifacts, and is comfortable working with distributed teams, colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO’s such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific, and can interact effectively all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities & Scope:
• Leading the creation or evolution of the data model and data solutions encompassing conceptual, logical and physical data models
• Analyze Data and Analytics requirements to synthesize Data Models, Solution Approach from Data perspective and effectively create artifacts to communicate with all the stakeholder teams.
• Familiarity with basic information management practices
• Knowledge of governing principles of Data Architecture and its impact on the overall solution
• Participate in the development of an implementation plan, test plan and quality/precision instrumentation for data and analytics aspects of the solution based on business requirements, technology strategies and roadmap
• Ensuring that the data solution proposed supports governance structure and compliance requirements.
• Translating business scenarios and use cases into underlying data entities, data model and flow to support end-to-end solution.
• Consulting with application development project teams to fit data and analytics solutions to architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the architecture to accommodate business needs
• Deliver the documentation for Data design and analysis work using industry standard design formats.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Familiarity with basic information management practices
• Deep experience in databases, Data Model design, Data flow design, Data & Rules Orchestration
• Experience in Data warehouse design, modeling, SQL, understanding of performance implications of data modeling and design
• The ability to create data model and detailed artifacts that lay foundation to data & analytics workstreams
• Experience in Data Architecture, Data Processing, RDBMS, NoSQL, SQL
• Excellent understanding of key Big Data concepts
• Hands-on expertise with analytical tools and database environments (Hadoop, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, R, Python, Cloudera, etc.)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
• Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting
• Knowledge of network architecture, client/server processing, and object-oriented analysis and design
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
• The ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
• The ability to estimate the financial impact of enterprise architecture alternatives
• The ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
• The ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• 5 – 10 Years’ Experience in the Data Architecture, Analytics, IT related areas
• A degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study.
• At least five years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations) in a multitier environment — or five years of experience in business analysis or business strategic planning
This individual should have a demonstrated reputation for being:
• A collaborator, communicator and overall team player
• Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub