Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Deal Management Team, Sr. Analyst
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Deal Management Team Overview
The Deal Management Team (DMT) is responsible for supporting ELA (Enterprise License Agreements) thorough standard flow process, from opportunity to booking stages in partnership with the account team. This role is part of the AMER Deal Desk team and will be located in Costa Rica.
The Standard Workflow, managed by DMT, supports established ELA Structures & the application of a playbook to solve more complex ELA transactions from inception to booking.
DMT will review all Commercial, Business, Legal & Revenue requirements, to support the Field in achieving the most favorable ELA construct for VMware, while delivering the most optimal customer solution.
DMT has ultimate responsibility for the day to day support of the AMER sales team in ELA & SPF transactions, and reports directly into the Manager for AMER Deal Management. This role also frequently involves participation in cross functional teams and projects.
Key responsibilities of DMT, Sr. Analyst include:
• Ensure efficient execution of deals through standard flow process on an ongoing basis. Anticipate and align to support account teams business needs in successful execution of deals on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Continuous review of deal progression and collaboration with colleagues to ensure optimal deal cycle times and flawless execution.
• Build and maintain strong rapport and serve as key liaison & escalation point for AMER management Team on ELA and deal related topics.
• Review Sales-proposed quotes, provide feedback and coaching, ensure compliance with published sales and business policies, and approve or reject/escalate quotes as needed based on policy and business judgment
• Own and manage the contract drafting process, generating standard documents and working with Legal and Finance to help Sales respond to customer feedback, including managing ‘redline’ changes leading up to customer acceptance
• Validate customer purchase orders for approved Enterprise License Agreement quote documentation, prepare order entry documents & associated approval documentation packages to expedite order management processes
• Partner closely with IB, Legal, Deal Assurance/Revenue, Order management, Business Operations and Field Finance teams on standard flow process and all related tasks.
• Ensure close collaboration with Operations and Finance leads on deal status / progression, forecast accuracy etc.
• Participation and / or leadership of various internal projects related to core function. Being the ‘voice of AMER’ and ‘sales advocate’ on such project teams is essential to ensuring the solution solves relevant business issues
• Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and procedures
Skills, Experience and other Requirements:
• Previous Tech Industry, Deal Desk, Finance, Operations experience essential
• Proven track record in process optimization and ability to deliver results in challenging business environment
• Must be a self-starter, highly analytical, with sound decision-making skills
• Ability to prioritize at times of high volume and stress e.g. Quarter-End.
• Strong communication and positive interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels of the organization, be comfortable advising senior sales management on key deals to support their business.
• Primary degree in commerce, business studies, finance or equivalent.
• Experience with software revenue recognition principles (SOP 97-2) is an advantage
• Intermediate / Advanced MS Excel skills required (macros and pivot tables preferred)
• Travel (including international) may be required
• Salesforce and Tableau experience highly advantageous
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.