Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Customer Support Specialist
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
Job Title: Customer Support Specialist
Reporting to: Customer Support Manager
The Customer Support Specialist directly supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and works closely with Management and Service Delivery Technical teams to ensure that VMware provides exemplary customer service. Each specialist will ensure each customer contact will be a friendly, professional and encouraging experience to accurately address the needs of the customer. The Specialist also provides exemplary My VMware account support directly as well as collaborating with Internal VMware departments globally.
- Provide customer assistance and support primarily via phone, email for technical and customer account queries/issues.
- Communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist customers in sourcing self-service options on VMware’s support website
- Enter & Maintain accurate issue description and detailed updates within our CRM system.
- Dedicatedly update and Respond timely to customer inquiries, primarily via email and telephone to our expected critical metrics. Focus efforts to meet or exceed defined performance criteria.
- Build knowledge base content for internal and external use.
- Enter accurate detailed information into the VMware ticketing system
- Work directly with our Technical Support Engineers, Quality Analysts and Sales staff to resolve customer issues.
- Also work with staff in Customer Support Account specialists teams and other Internal Business support teams to resolve problems
- Review reports, logs to ensure any issues are logged, tracked and resolved in a timely manner
- Work with other groups (example Sales Support, IT) as required to ensure continued maintenance of accurate customer and contact information.
- Resolve any customer account issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting where required.
- Customer Focus
- Effective communication
- Change, Adaptability and Flexibility
- Team and Collaborative Working
- Using Initiative- Achieving Goals
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Brazilian Portuguese is a Plus
- Self starter
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a dynamic work environment
- Dependable time management skills.
- Positive and constructive attitude, comfortable facing new challenges and application technologies.
- Working Knowledge of Salesforce, database concepts and terminology, Internet software (requirement but not essential).
- Proficiency with Windows applications such as MS-Word, MS-Excel.
- Real passion for learning new technology
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays
- Ability to demonstrate sincere compassion and empathy for customers' issues and problems
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.