Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Business Support Analyst II
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
VMware (NYSE: VMW), is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware’s industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. IT organizations in companies of all sizes rely on VMware and its industry-leading platform, VMware vSphere™, to achieve a more efficient, controlled and flexible IT environment. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion and more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners, VMware delivers the world’s most trusted solutions for virtualization, a strategic initiative that consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 19000+ employees in 120+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community
The Software as a Service Business Analyst II is responsible for the support of the overall Business analysis and support of incubation initiatives provided by the PMO and support operational activities related to Saas, On Premise case management, cloud and technology nature opportunities in components systems including Oracle EBS, SAP and Salesforce.com. This role will drive execution of administration and issue resolution activities creating new processes, mappings, BRD’s, webforms and other deliverables, must have good interaction communication skills with various groups of stakeholders providing analysis in interdisciplinary areas related to SaaS, including sales teams and internal customers, may also be involved in processing transactional data (on premise, orders & renewals) as part of his responsibilities. The Software as a Service Business Analyst II BA will work closely with business teams (Billing ops, partner ops, sales operations, stewardship and others) and IT stakeholders across various geographies to monitor and drive progress towards deliverables.
Essential Functions (Tasks and Responsibilities):
- Work closely with VMWare leads on overall planning and execution
- Build Business Case Analysis when required
- Manage work streams for issue resolution and perform data enrichment activities in Saleforce.com, SAP, Confluence and Oracle EBS
- Analysis and resolution of issues, root cause analysis, processes and procedures mapping
- Ongoing administration and maintenance of hierarchical data coverage for Saleforce.com, SAP, Confluence and Oracle EBS
- Cases handling in SFDC
- Case Management solution on various processes
- Capture and track root causes
- Implement resolution for the identified root cause
- Finding and updating solutions documents as needed.
- Create, track and report key metrics KPI for overall progress of the work done in some Saas Processes and overall program.
- Issue resolution of support requests related to Business Cases
- Verbal communication, Team Player, Positive Attitude, Eye for detail, Logical thinking, Articulative, Clarity of thought
- Reporting experience using Excel, Tableau, Confluence or Mode Analytics or similar data analysis programs
- Great capacity to learn and apply knowledge to resolve low-mid complex challenges
- Data extraction and reporting from Oracle EBS and SFDC
- Participate in quality control and checks for activities and data updates performed by other team members
- Support business transaction errors during user acceptance testing or production support
- • Analyze moderately complex business transactions to perform recommended data adjustments
- • Manage cases and provide resolution meeting established SLA (service level agreement)
- • Support “war room support” (immediately after major program launch) as well as ongoing support for implemented functionality
- • Provide Quarter-end support for Sales and Order Processing
- • Participate in calls with Internal teams in the business and Cross functional groups
- • Execute quality audits and track case closure quality of transactional data
- • Flexible to work in 24/5 Shift model as per business requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst in IT or End to End processes areas, with extensive knowledge doing data reports, creation of mappings, BRD and documents related in incubation of new business data analysis
- Experience using Oracle EBS, SalesForce.com and MS Office.
- Experience with Software as a Service work.
- Experience using SalesForce.com for reporting, data analysis, managing assignment rules and other functional support activities etc is required
- Excellent understanding of Saas business and its evolution to Cloud, accustomed to work in multicultural environment and diverse and inclusive professional culture
- Strong understanding of ERP terminology and concepts, Support business users across Customer Operations by applying knowledge in ERP: Order Management, Service Contract, Install Base Provide 24/5 Support to business teams.
- Ability to participate in meetings with small and large groups of people from varying disciplines and with audience from different geographies
- Experience working in an onshore – offshore model with teams from different time zones and cultures
- Ability to work independently and flexible to work in different time zones if required
- Ability to work with multiple teams to define resolution plans for issues
- Excellent Excel/Macro skills is a plus
- Experience with administration
- Experience with support processes, issue tracking (case management) and resolution with SLA management
- Salesforce.com reporting and dashboards experience is nice to have
- Must be a self-starter, motivated individual who works well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to drive collaboration with functional and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Positive mindset to seek for creative solutions and resolving mind challenges.
- Have fun while working in multicultural and challenging scenarios.
- University Bachelor or License’s degree is a must
- IT, Industrial Engineering, Economics Business or it’s Equivalents for IT Software Industry
- May have BA certification, and/or PM ( PMP )/PRINCE2®/Agile certification
- Experience in Software, Case support management or High Tech industries
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.