Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Application Developer, SAP ABAP
Heredia, Costa RicaApply Now
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2010 revenues of $2.8 billion, VMware has more than 170,000 customers and 35,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 11,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
Our seasoned IT leadership team has experience working for leading Fortune 500 and start-up companies and is dedicated to hiring and supporting top IT and engineering talent, creating an intellectually-stimulating and team-oriented environment, and driving VMware’s IT organization to be truly cutting edge.
SAP ABAP Developer will be responsible for analysis, design, and development of SAP solutions, interfaces and enhancements. Excellent technical development skills are required in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Using VMware established IT standards, processes and methodologies, you will:
- Actively participate and work with business analysts and business teams to understand and document technical requirements for SAP ECC customizations, features and integrations.
- Design and develop customizations, enhancements, and services based on business requirements.
- Write and execute unit tests cases for the developed functionalities.
- Research and propose innovative technical solutions to solve business and system challenges.
- Follow VMware frameworks and processes for smooth development and implementation of solutions.
- 3+ years of ABAP RICEF development in SAP ECC.
- Strong applied knowledge of the design, development, and implementation of ECC SD, MM, FI.
- Experience with ALE/EDI IDoc development.
- General IDoc based interface set-up
- Enhancement of standard IDoc types
- Custom IDoc mapping logic in user exits/enhancement points
- Must have Object oriented ABAP programming skills with NW 7.5 features
- Hands-on experience with ABAP REST based Web service development; JSON formats, developing custom API proxies and exposing custom APIs in SAP Gateway using open standards like OData
- Experience BAdI/User exits.
- Knowledge of MVC architecture & SAP ECC data model
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- HANA experience will be an added advantage
- Work experience in CRM 7.0 Ehp4 or above
- SAP Business workflow configuration, development and maintenance, business objects is preferable
- Development experience in core Java to work on CRM pricing routines
- Knowledge in Enterprise web service architecture and providing/consuming services from/to SAP CRM functionality
- Familiarity with SAP ERP modules and configuration is a plus
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.