Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Costa Rica
Our EPIC2 journey in Costa Rica began in October 2012, and our employees continue to share their passion and talents every day. Our beautiful office is located in Heredia, and it serves as the home for our amazing VMware family. Here, we provide services in areas such as Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, Sales, Engineering, Technical Support and Legal.
What makes VMware in Costa Rica truly unique is our people, values, culture and environment. We are passionate innovators, seeking new ways to positively transform the world. We actively participate with the community and come up with new ideas to deliver solutions that satisfy the needs of our customers. It’s important to us that we live every day being ambassadors of our values and handling every interaction with integrity. Join us in our mission to create a better tomorrow for everyone.
Analyst, Revenue OperationsJob ID R1903593 Date posted 03/18/2019
We have an opening in our Revenue Operations Accounting team for a Analyst who will primarily be responsible for managing our revenue system and period end activities. Please see below for more information. This position requires a strong attention to detail and interest in the cross-functional relationship of the Company’s systems as they impact revenue recognition.
The Revenue Operations Analyst will be a member of the revenue operations accounting team and will report to the Manager of Revenue Operations. Specific responsibilities will depend on your skillset, but will primarily include system maintenance (RevStream), period end close activities, and reporting schedules and other ad hoc projects related to system improvements. VMware is a rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain system data by reviewing various revenue impact analyses (i.e. relative allocation impact, List Price review, Start/end dates review etc)
- Assist with high volume edits resulting from data analyses
- Participate and execute test scenarios, and validate accurate results are achieved in the system and reporting
- Work closely with IT and BTA team to resolve system related matters
- Ownership of time-sensitive key revenue report used by entire worldwide revenue team
- Participate in month end close processes including preparing recurring and non-recurring journal entries
- Prepare system driven deferred revenue reconciliations
- Assist with monthly RevStream reviews and analyses
- Assist with preparation of various reporting and disclosure requirements
- Be a main go-to person for revenue reporting tool (SAP BI) used by global revenue team to assist with reporting needs
- Assist in the quarterly revenue forecasting process in quantifying and communicating revenue deferral related matters
- Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests
- Assist with other accounting operations projects/areas as necessary
- Streamline processes and procedures
- Assist with ad-hoc requests
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA and Big 4 Audit Experience is a plus
- 3+ years total experience in accounting, including 1+ years revenue accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems and process flows
- Knowledge of ASC 606, EITF 01-09, SOP 97-2 and related TPAs, SOP 98-9, SAB 101 and 104, EITF 00-21 and other accounting rules relating to software and services revenue recognition
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work with all levels within a company
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and other organizations within the Company
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Proven PC skills with excellent Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables, nested if/then statements
- Ability to design large excel files formulas to improve efficiencies to update results as variables may change
- SAP experience preferred
- Revstream or Revpro experience preferred
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.