Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Systems Engineer, Commercial (Chicago Metro)
Glendale Heights, IllinoisApply Now Apply Now with Linkedin Profile Apply As An Employee Referral
The Commercial Field SE will provide support to the VMware Commercial Sales Team and Channel in pursuit of virtualization, cloud management, end user computing, and other opportunities to help our customers move to the Software Defined Data-Center. They are expected to help accelerate and close business within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts. Typical duties include creating customized onsite presentations and demonstrations; assisting customers and partners with product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions; assisting with solution designs and/or proposal development and responses; and enabling VMware Partners. The SE will be expected to start with a minimum of strong knowledge of VMware vSphere and one other VMware products (such as vRealize Operations Manager, VMware Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, vCAir, NSX) and will continue to build strengths by learning from Systems Engineers and other Technical Services personnel. The role, responsibilities and geographical focus can change and develop over time.
• Provide pre-sales technical support to sales teams, partners and ultimately customers
• Deliver onsite and remote product and solution presentations and demonstrations
• Assist with the training of sales and VMware Partner personnel
• Must learn and maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each
• Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries, including RFPs, RFIs, and initial architecture discussions
• Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
• Participate in SE discussion forums
• Document customer feature requests and issues
• Assist product development in testing new products
• Keeps abreast of developments within industry and the organization
• Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
• Regional Account Executives (RAEs)
• VMware Channel Partners
• Regional Sales Management
• Regional Inside Sales Management and Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs)
• Other VMware SEs
• Hands-on experience building and maintaining a virtual infrastructure in a production environment and/or experience in a systems management or cloud architecture role
• Qualification in business or engineering discipline (BA/BS) required.
• Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, and networking problems
• Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
• Experience with enterprise applications, systems management, high-availability and/or backup solutions
• Pre-sales experience is not required, but must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and customer-facing environment
• Candidates should be motivated, self-starters with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates must possess exceptional organizational and planning skills and have the innate ability to multitask
• Ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
• Expert understanding of virtualization concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is essential
• Out of local region travel approximately 35%
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.