Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Technical Account Manager
Frankfurt am Main, GermanyApply Now
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with high-medium size VMware's customers. These customers are typically enterprise, public and general business accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their datacenters. You will serve as a project manager to ensure successful implementations and as an account manager to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will become the customer's single point of contact into all of VMware. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
Main Duties - Provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives (This would include project management and solutions consulting)
- Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, sales and support staff
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements - Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware product management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice" and informal customer questions
- Travel is required up to 50 percent of the time, including internationally The role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth
- Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, preferably as a professional consultant or IT architect/administrator role,
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong technical skills, specifically in windows/linux, networking, storage and/or technical architecture
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues - Understanding of sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact and communicate with CxO level personnel
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training or industry experience preferred
- Fluent in English, Fluent in German
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors. more details about the role:
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.